remote agent will not connect

Maxx2777

Agent:  v6.3.136.0

Endpoint Security: v6.4.2014.0

These are the versions we have been installing on all our computers, with no previous issues.  Now today, 2 new installs state that the agent has not yet tried to connect, even though Endpoint Security has been installed, and it has the latest virus def file.

Also, some previous installs are stating that the agent hasn't connected in 7 days, but those machines also have the latest virus def file.  Thanks.

Edited by Maxx2777

• ESET Staff

Update:  after rebooting era admin server, all client agents are connecting; any idea why this is?  thanks.

Could you provide some version/platform/DB type information of your ERA Server deployment? We had a known issue for ERA 6.3 where main client's view could stop refreshing it's content, which for administrator seems like computers are not connecting, but they actually are.

• ESET Staff

ERA Server:  6.3.148.0   CentOS

It seems to be known issue I mentioned, as it is affecting mostly MySQL-based installation, which seems yo be your case.

Please follow steps from my older post - it includes fixed modules with steps that has to be taken on ERA appliance.

I see in the .txt file in the .zip file download that post attaches, that this solution is for v6.3.12.0.  We are running v6.3.148.0.

Is this fix applicable for .148?  Thanks.

• ESET Staff

I see in the .txt file in the .zip file download that post attaches, that this solution is for v6.3.12.0.  We are running v6.3.148.0.

Is this fix applicable for .148?  Thanks.

Yes, it is for 6.3.148.0 (and only for).

Fix is also part of 6.4 release where is no longer need to manually replace files for this issue.

I apologize, but the .txt file says it is for 6.3.12.0.  Is it safe to install for my version?  Thanks again.

Edited by Maxx2777

• ESET Staff

Yes it is safe. Version 6.3.12.0 marks whole "bundle" of products that were released, including ERA for Linux with version 6.3.148.0. List of all subproducts and their versions may be found in KB3690.