After rebooting ESET isn't started automatically

Some minutes ago, I had to reboot the PC (in order to correct a problem with LibreOffice and MySQL). But ESET didn't start. It's no problem to start ESET manually but I expect it to start automatically.

Is there something I have to activate? Or did you change the behaviour by default?

Thanks in advance, Juergen

Produktname: ESET Smart Security
Produktversion: 9.0.381.1
Betriebssystem: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Computer: Intel® Core i3 CPU       M 350  @ 2.27GHz
Browser: Firefox 47.0

• Administrators

What do you mean by that ESET isn't started automatically? Is the crucial process ekrn.exe among running processes in the task manager? If so, is egui.exe running too?

I have had instances where the Eset GUI icon doesn't appear on the desktop toolbar.

First, make sure the Eset desktop icon isn't hidden - click on the up arrow on the desktop toolbar. If the icon is hidden, just drag it to the desktop toolbar. If that isn't the problem, just reboot and the desktop Eset GUI icon should appear - this does the trick for me.

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with Win 7 Pro. I went to use ESET to check a downloaded program for any viruses. ESET wasn't in the taskbar in the bottom right corner and selecting the Smart Security Program from the start menu did nothing also. I tried the eset.exe in the program files folder, no luck. I opened the Task Manager and selected the Processes tab with "Show processes from all users" checked at the bottom. There were 3 versions of egui.exe running at the bottom of the list, but they were only running at very reduced memory rates (like 271K).

I opened my "go to" Windows customize program, WinPatrol, and noticed ESET was no longer in the Automatic Startup Programs. I added the .exe back in, saved it and did a restart. ESET was back to operating normally.

• Administrators

As of v9, egui.exe is not started from the run key. It may not be there or you will encounter issues. Instead, the issue should be troubleshooted if you are unable to open the main program window from the Start menu after a system restart.