Bug: ESS9 & WIN10x64 10586.xxx

i apologize if this is not the place to report this, but i was unable to find a bug report thread.

I have been dealing with what might be considered a minor bug ever since upgrading to ESS9. I am not even sure if it's even possible for the bug to be fixed, as part of the bug involves several windows features.

the bug is with the update notification system. I am receiving constant system update available notifications from eset. but when I go to check, the only thing listed is a printer which connects to my system via windows homegroup feature. additionally, I have checked with windows update catalog, and there is only one version of the driver for this printer available, and my system and the system hosting the printer are using it.

message from ESS9

SYSTEM UPDATES

Total number of updates available: 1

Microsoft driver update for HP DeskJet 950C/952C/959C       Recommended

telling ESS9 to to install the updates brings up the updates menu in SETTINGS, but after scanning for updates, windows reports that the system is up to date.

I have of course tried removing the printer entry on my system and having homegroup set it up again, but no new drivers are fetched (again, i'm using the ONLY driver available from M$.) there are no win10 or x64 drivers for this printer from HP.

Edited by cybot

• Administrators

This is not a bug. ESET merely queries Windows for available Windows updates and displays the information provided by the oper. system. Windows 10 is known to offer updates that are available for download from vendors' websites instead of Microsoft's WU servers.

the only driver for win10 for this printer is from either windows built-in drivers, or the windows update catalog (both of which are the same version).

so this is an issue with windows updates, and not ESS9 then?

• Administrators

the only driver for win10 for this printer is from either windows built-in drivers, or the windows update catalog (both of which are the same version).

so this is an issue with windows updates, and not ESS9 then?

As already explained, ESET merely displays information about missing updates that is provided by the operating system itself. You can change the severity level of updates that you'd like to be notified about or disable these notifications completely in the advanced setup.

I have that thing turned off since day one with Windows 10 Pro. I also have driver updates turned off on three machines and haven't

seen an attempt to even try. To predict updates someone would have to be an MS insider.