ESET NOD32 antivirus corrupted all word pdf rar files and exe program!

Hello All

I faced problem when I updated my ESET Smart security 4.2 suddenly appear virus in  computer , then the NOD Start remove all software exe in my computer , D , E,F,G . after removing all programs these partitions the NOD start to remove the fixed software in C: System , it remove file from word , pdf , rar …etc . the fixed program now not working and all files ( word , excel , pdf , rar ) now not working . after that I am formatted the c: and scan with intivrous , the computer be good but files corrupted . I Still tried to open with other computers but I cant open any one .
My problem now with the damaged files and corrupted I tried to resolve the problem in multi methods of software but without benefit . so my files in normal sizes and formatted and not shortcut , so  I can't open these files  .

please advice me and help to open my files if possible , all my files had corrupted . 

Sounds to me like you possibly got nailed by ransomware.

Check and see if all the files w/extensions you mention have all the same suffix e.g. document.xxxxx where xxxxx is the same character string.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

Sounds to me like you possibly got nailed by ransomware.

That's likely as abidnaif mentioned that he or she has v4.2 installed which is quite old and does not provide as good protection against new borne threats as new versions with LiveGrid.

• Most Valued Members

that is very unfortunate. i suggest to download and install the latest version of Eset Smart Security, as it introduces and contains new and enhanced features to protect from these kinds of attacks.

in your title you mention Nod32 and in the post Smart Security.either way i will give you the links to each program and download the one you use.

Smart Security

Nod32