Invalid command line

Mra

Can anyone please explain how this works?

post-11872-0-21421000-1468890724_thumb.jpg

None of these commands seem to work, log always ends with 

Info 1639.Invalid command line argument. Consult the Windows Installer SDK for detailed command line help.
"/QUIET"

Edited by Mra

• ESET Staff

Hello, command line parameters are specific per the ESET version you are installing. Concerning details of the command line parameters, please consult the product documentation: hxxp://help.eset.com/ees/6/en-US/index.html?installation_via_era_command.htm

If you push the installer from ERA, it is automatically run "silently".

• ESET Staff

As already mentioned, Installation parameters in task configuration are expected to be parameters of installed MSI file and not parameters of msiexec.exe command line tool. This tool is not even directly spawned by ERA. Silent installation is enabled by default and cannot be disabled. The same applies for installation trace logging which is enabled by default.

There is no need to specify parameters in case you are installing ESET product from ESET repository, especially in case you do not want to tweak installation using referenced (advanced) parameters.

In case you are installing EES/EAV 6 products from your own share/HTTP server, you may use parameter INSTALLED_BY_ERA=1 to suppress license/network configuration popup on target client machine (no need to specify this parameter when installing using ESET repository package).

Thanks for the updates, appreciate it. 

I was looking for a silent command because when upgrading from 6.3 to 6.4 on a test machine, a UI popped up asking for user interaction. 

I guess this is the INSTALLED_BY_ERA=1 you are talking about. I'll try this out, thanks.