Where to find file

Hi guys

I am a Nod32 user.  In March I convinced friends - an elderly couple - to switch to Eset for their laptops and tablets.  We duly did that, got Nod 32 on 2 lappies going but due to some problem with the tablet, I just can not d/l and install Nod on the tablet.  I am wanting to download the file(s) for the tablet - Android - that I can transfer to a flash drive, and install on the tablet.  Believe me when I say I tried everything else.  Could someone please point me to such a file?

Sarel

I get the impression that ESET staff don't actually read this forum.

ESET for mobile devices are separate products. I personally have a multi device licence with different licence codes for PC and mobile devices. For Android you can download the ems.apk file from the ESET download site or from the Google Play Store and, if you want to run it in premium mode you will have to purchase the appropriate licence

Thanks beancounter for the answer - but that is the first place I checked and tried.  You tried to d/l any file there?  You can't (or at least I can't) - it wants to d/l straight to your PC/laptop..  I think I am looking for an .exe file.  If I d/l the appropriate ems.apk file, Nod staff told me I only need the one licence (for 3 devices) - last time I checked you get multiple ones for multiple OS devices.  For my own laptop this process was quite easy - but for this couple - Win 10, Win 8.1, Android - it seems to me it can't handle that.

Sarel

On the Android tablet, go to the play store and search for ESET and install ESET Mobile Security & Antivirus. This will run in 'free' mode or you can purchase an Android ESET licence to run the App in 'premium' mode.

So what do you not understand.  I can't download from the play store, regardless, onto the tablet.  I can't say why not, I am not such a fundi on tablets.  So I am looking for a site where I can d/l the appropriate file and where I do not need to "d/l straight to the tablet".

Don't worry.  I will contact Eset locally and ask if they can send me the file(s) on a cd or something.

Sarel

You can also download ems.apk to a PC the file from the ESET download site. Then you can connect the tablet to a USB port on the PC and transfer ems.apk to the download directory. Open the directory on the tablet and selecting the ems.apk file will activate the installer. In any case, if the tablet isn't used for internet access then the need for malware protection pretty much goes away.

Another approach would be to take the tablet to the nearest computer store and ask for a lesson in tablet use. In many ways a tablet is just like a smart phone.