Silent Release of ERA 6.4

• ESET Staff

I would like to inform you, that we have silently released ESET Remote Administrator 6.4.

It is available in the download section on eset.com

Please note, that the full global release will happen on Tuesday, July 19, 2016.

Till then the repository is not available, meaning that you won´t be able to:

• Generate agent live installers
  • Generate package installers of Agent / Endpoint
  • Perform remote deployment task of ERA agent
  • Perform component upgrade task from the previous version of ESET Remote Administrator (6.1.28+)

Regards,

Michal

Edited by MichalJ

• ESET Insiders

Sounds great

Do you have a changelog?

Will we also see a new release for EFS?

• ESET Moderators

@rekun, the "official" changelog (in quotes because it is possible that something could change between now and then) will posted to the Download page on Tuesday. Corresponding content (besides news releases) have already been published as well. For the ERA 6.4.29 changelog, new features, list of Known Issues, etc., see the following ESET Knowledgebase article:

ESET Remote Administrator 6—FAQ / what's new?

And yes, that's a GIF in the KB, get used to it because I'm going to start using a lot more in the KB... ;)

• ESET Staff

Hello Rekun, per my knowledge, release of ESET File Security is planned for late summer (end of August, beginning of September). AFAIK, also other Windows server products will be updated by then (Mail Security for Exchange) and SharePoint will be moved from Beta to GA. 

Hii all

We know planing to install Era which one you recommend to install 6.3 or 6.4 .. and how can i upgrade if there 6.x already installed ..

• ESET Staff

As soon as the repository for ERA 6.4 is finished, there is a very clear path to go - install ESET Remote Administrator 6.4.

If you have any ERA already installed, you will be able to upgrade it, using " Remote Administrator Components Upgrade" task, that will update ERA Server, Webconsole and agents to the latest available version. You should target the task ideally to the group "all", or to any computers, that you actually want to upgrade ERA components on (ideally all of them).

In case you have already Endpoints installed, and you want to upgrade them to the newest version, you can do that by the means of software installation task, targeting the computers with the Endpoints already installed.

Edited by MichalJ

As MichaelJ said in the first post at the top of this page:

Till then the repository is not available, meaning that you won´t be able to:

• Generate agent live installers
  • Generate package installers of Agent / Endpoint
  • Perform remote deployment task of ERA agent
  • Perform component upgrade task from the previous version of ESET Remote Administrator (6.1.28+)

hi all !

I have successfuly updated my ERA to 6.4 throught era task.

i have several questions :

- is there any interest to update all computers agents' 6.3 to 6.4 ?

- is there a way to silently install the generated all ine one package ?

- is this news release will finally show the public ip of remote computers ?

thanks !

• ESET Insiders

I would also like to know if there is any command line options for installing the bundled installer silent?

• ESET Staff

I would also like to know if there is any command line options for installing the bundled installer silent?

It should be parameter --silent and also --avr-disable may be interesting as it disables AVRemover.

hello,

i try to create all in one insataller. but more than hour there's no download progess.

post-7794-0-74302700-1468918668_thumb.jpg

is there any chance to create from offline installer files?

thank you.

• ESET Staff

@ Comunic

1. Upgrade of ERA agents is generally recommended due to performance optimizations and stability fixes of the new 6.4 version. However, it is safe to use 6.3 agent with 6.4 server as well.
  2. Besides the commands listed above, we are working on a standalone deployment tool, that will allow remote push deployment of the package installers.. This will be released either together with ERA 6.5 or sooner.
  3. This will be changed to ERA 6.5 (December 2016).

@Macros

• It is not possible to create from offline installer files. Your ERA server has to have access to ESET Repository. Please make sure, you have selected the right installers.

• ESET Insiders

Wow! Updated to ERA 6.4 today as well as my fleet of global ESET servers .What a difference. Night and day from the issues I was having.

Just a note: Local Cache Servers seem to not like the update. Everything else is smooth sailing.

• ESET Staff

Just a note: Local Cache Servers seem to not like the update. Everything else is smooth sailing.

This is most probably related to ERA 6.4.29 known issue described in KB5949 stating:

Using the ESET Remote Administrator Agent Component Upgrade task with ESET Shared Local Cache (ESLC) and ESET Virtualization Security (EVS) will upgrade the ERA Agent but the appliance will stop working and the Computer Details (in ERA Web Console) will show a red Malfunction status (“Product is installed but it is not running”).

Solution: Do not upgrade ERA Agent in ESLC and EVS until the upcoming service release of ELSC and EVS and then replace the entire appliance.

Edited by MartinK

hi,

just trying the installation with bundled agent/EEA, this working great, in the specified group etc..

But, we always facing the same problem : computers joining era from a location outside the ERA LAN is named with the reverse dns of the connexion (ex : LFbn-1-7946-152.w90-1-563.abo.wanadoo.fr in France)

The server task for renaming computers is only applied to the lost and found group, and i don't want to run it on all the ERA members because some computers are manually renamed.
Any workarround ?

• ESET Staff
But, we always facing the same problem : computers joining era from a location outside the ERA LAN is named with the reverse dns of the connexion (ex : LFbn-1-7946-152.w90-1-563.abo.wanadoo.fr in France)

Is this first (clean) installation of AGENT 6.4? New AGENT should send it's FQDN during first connection to 6.4 SERVER and this name should be used as computer name when created in Lost&Found group (or group you selected) - but this will work only for the first connection, so removing computer won't help.

@ Comunic

1. Upgrade of ERA agents is generally recommended due to performance optimizations and stability fixes of the new 6.4 version. However, it is safe to use 6.3 agent with 6.4 server as well.
  2. Besides the commands listed above, we are working on a standalone deployment tool, that will allow remote push deployment of the package installers.. This will be released either together with ERA 6.5 or sooner.
  3. This will be changed to ERA 6.5 (December 2016).

@Macros

• It is not possible to create from offline installer files. Your ERA server has to have access to ESET Repository. Please make sure, you have selected the right installers.

access to repository is ok,

post-7794-0-33096500-1468984463_thumb.jpg

select right installers.

post-7794-0-80901700-1468984612_thumb.jpg

but still, cant download installer.

post-7794-0-40749400-1468985578_thumb.jpg

Edited by macros

• ESET Staff

I cannot create all in one installer. Always getting the below message.

Hello, we have identified a bug, where on slower internet connection it might fail, due to hard-coded timeout set to 120 seconds. Meaning, if your internet connectivity is not fast enough to download the agent & endpoint installers in time below 2 minutes (approx 150 MBs in total), it would fail to generate the installers. We are investigating the quickest / safest way how to fix the issue. We will let you know, once decision has been made.

Is this first (clean) installation of AGENT 6.4? New AGENT should send it's FQDN during first connection to 6.4 SERVER and this name should be used as computer name when created in Lost&Found group (or group you selected) - but this will work only for the first connection, so removing computer won't help.

Unfortunatly, this is not always working like that, cf attachement :

post-6462-0-01288800-1469093654_thumb.png