How Long Are Nod32 Licenses Good For?

hentaixen

Hello, I found a deal on Newegg where they offer a copy of Nod32 free after $40 rebate and $20 promo code, it is an amazing deal but I still have a lot of time on my current license.

Does anyone know how long this boxed copy license would be good for before it expires? If I were to redeem the code in 3 years from now would it still work?

Thank you.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

You should be fine.  The licenses on the retailed box package versions do not "expire,"1 but are activated when you first enter the activation code from the software to register it.  In the rather unlikely event that the registration mechanism changes completely within the next three years, you would just need to call ESET North America directly and a customer care representative would activate the license for you manually (maybe a 5-10 minute phone call).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

1At least in North America.  How retailed boxed packages in other regions are handled may vary.

Hello,

You should be fine.  The licenses on the retailed box package versions do not "expire,"1 but are activated when you first enter the activation code from the software to register it.  In the rather unlikely event that the registration mechanism changes completely within the next three years, you would just need to call ESET North America directly and a customer care representative would activate the license for you manually (maybe a 5-10 minute phone call).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

1At least in North America.  How retailed boxed packages in other regions are handled may vary.

Correct me if im wrong, but i think you were mentioning to call into support because they could add the license onto your additional expiration date ?

Should mean your ok to purchase now and "extend your license" !

I have seen this done before, however unknown as to if its available for public.

I have also seen where applying a license will make you lose the time you had left ie "1 month remaining" and added 1 year from the date of activating, thus losing your last month.

It happened to a friend i work with, and i told him to call in to support and they would give him his month back !!

I just laughed at him and his situation. Although its a serious altercation for business. I am assuming with ESET's policies and staff this has already been noticed and corrected !

Thanks to the mod that clears this up !!

:)

For the record, that Newegg deal is FREE after rebate if you are on Newegg's mailing list.

My present license for 3 computers doesn't expire until June of next year but I couldn't resist ordering it.

The package is on it's way from Memphis right now.

edit: I just saw that this deal was mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Anyway, it's over with. :(

Edited by jadinolf

Thanks jadinolf !!! :)

No worries.

I am friends with hentaixen, i am sure he is ok with me commenting on his thread ! :)

"

How is your Eset running Jadinolf?

"

Edited by Arakasi

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Customer service will probably not be able to merge the two licenses.  Calling them is just to get new license from the retail package version activated in case the license key from the box does not work for some reason on the license activation page.  As I mentioned before, though, it should work, as the back-end to that page recognizes serials and activation keys from all sorts of old versions.  But, if that were to change in the future for some reason, a call to Customer Service would get things straightened out.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Correct me if im wrong, but i think you were mentioning to call into support because they could add the license onto your additional expiration date ?

Should mean your ok to purchase now and "extend your license" !

I have seen this done before, however unknown as to if its available for public.

I have also seen where applying a license will make you lose the time you had left ie "1 month remaining" and added 1 year from the date of activating, thus losing your last month.

It happened to a friend i work with, and i told him to call in to support and they would give him his month back !!

I just laughed at him and his situation. Although its a serious altercation for business. I am assuming with ESET's policies and staff this has already been noticed and corrected !

Thanks to the mod that clears this up !!

:)

Thanks jadinolf !!! :)

No worries.

I am friends with hentaixen, i am sure he is ok with me commenting on his thread ! :)

"

How is your Eset running Jadinolf?

"

Running beautifully.

I now have licensing for four of my computers - 3 Windows 7 and 1 XP SP3. I now have my 2014 licenses on the way.

At my age I might not be around to activate them. :(