Is it possible to use ESET Smart Security username/password in ESET Antyvirus?

• Administrators

But why would one do it and get rid of Botnet protection which is often very effective against Filecoders for instance?

By the way, you don't use a username/password but a license key for activation.

But why would one do it and get rid of Botnet protection which is often very effective against Filecoders for instance?

By the way, you don't use a username/password but a license key for activation.

Thanks for answer. I use different solution for software firewall so I don't need ESET's botnet protection.

I'm not sure if activation applies if I want to renew my license. Is there a difference when renewing and first time install?

So you have a ESS license but you want to switch to NOD32? There is a cost difference between the 2, ESS being more expensive. You'll want to contact your local distributor.

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb570/

Activation is no big deal. You very well may get a new license key (I'm not sure) and/or need to re-enter your credentials.

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

ESET Smart Security is not just about firewall. It contains Botnet protection besides other features, such as Antispam and Anti-Theft for instance. Botnet protection is a crucial protection layer against malware but it works at the network layer. Without Botnet protection, you can get infected easier.