Android version update to 3.3.4.0

Go to solution Solved by beancounter,

ESET Mobile Security (Android 3.2.60.0-0) on my Galaxy Note 4 says it wants to update to 3.3.4.0. After enabling the Unknown Sources option the installation proceeds without reporting any error. However the version is still set at  3.2.60.0-0 and Settings still wants to update to 3.3.4.0

I noticed the same thing yesterday (7-6-16) on my Moto X. After running the update the same thing happens to me. The eset website has 3.2.60.0 as the latest download, so who knows :huh:!

I solved this issue in my XT1097:

1 - Uninstall ESET

2 - Download "ESET Mobile Security & Antivirus" from Play Store

3 - Active your licence.

v3.3.4.0 sucessful installed.

Done. (:

Followed the same process as dhyogo and the upgrade worked for me as well.  The link provided by ESET Support is still pointing to the old 3.2.60.0-0 version instead of the 3.3.4.0-0 version that is available via Google Play Store.

I solved this issue in my XT1097:

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a go.

It is disappointing (again) that nobody from ESET took the trouble to respond to this thread

I have a multi-device security licence. Is the play store version the same as that supplied with the multi-device licence? 

Since nobody from ESET seems to know it would appear that I will have to wait until a new version is created or my licence expires in a few months

Guest MarcoO

I have a multi-device security licence. Is the play store version the same as that supplied with the multi-device licence? 

I am pretty sure: YES. Go to the ESET App settings click on deinstall. Then install the play store version click licence and "I (already) have a licence", then you will be able to insert your key and start using the latest version  ;)

Edited by MarcoO

I uninstalled ESET Mobile Security (Android 3.2.60.0-0) from  Samsung tablet, installed the play store version and activated it with my licence details OK. It says it is  version 3.3.4.0.

I contacted ESET Australia support; they have never heard of version 3.3.4.0 and all their tablet/mobile devices are running version 3.2.60.0-0 without reporting that version 3.3.4.0 is available.

• Solution

The version of ESET Mobile Security on the download site is now your actual 3.3.4.0-0.

Perhaps someone could let Australian ESET support know :(

Edited by beancounter