Threat Exclusion

Hello to everyone,

I use ESET Remote Administrator 6.3.12.0.
I want to give the Threat Exclusion by Threat Name. (Such as - Microsoft Endpoint Protection Threat Overrides feature)

support.eset.com/kb3642/ --> allows these articles to only Path entry.
But, I want to enter the name of Threat from this screen.

Is it possible?

Thank You.

• ESET Moderators

Hello catres,

This is currently not possible, but it is tracked as one of the improvements suggested for future versions.

Regards,

T.

(Note: I have deleted your duplicate post in the home products section.)

• Administrators

Do you want to exclude a potentially unwanted or unsafe application and not a file that is detected as a threat?

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same issue, our IT providers installed remote viewing software and ESET continually flags it as unwanted software.

• Administrators

We have the same issue, our IT providers installed remote viewing software and ESET continually flags it as unwanted software.

For now you can exclude the whole file(s) from scanning. In future versions of ERA, we will add an option to exclude potentially unsafe / unwanted applications by the detection name.

• 1 month later...

For now you can exclude the whole file(s) from scanning. In future versions of ERA, we will add an option to exclude potentially unsafe / unwanted applications by the detection name.

Hi Marcos,

This is a needed feature, I have the same issue with remote viewing software and printer monitoring agent. Can we expect to get it before the end of the year?

BR

• Administrators
Hi Marcos,

This is a needed feature, I have the same issue with remote viewing software and printer monitoring agent. Can we expect to get it before the end of the year?

BR

I can't promise anything but we'll do our best. What's the problem with excluding those files completely now ?

• ESET Staff

This feature is already implemented in the code-base, and will be released together with the Endpoint 6.5 / ERA 6.5, which both should be ready until end of the year. However, it might happen, that we will release them publicly in early Q1/2017.