erkn.exe high cpu

Hello,

I have a single pc on my network that as of last friday is running 99% cpu.  When I get task manager up I notice it's not just one item running high there are several but the one constant at 25 - 30% is erkn.exe. 

I was unable to uninstall ESET as the local user, I had to log off and back on as a domain admin to uninstall it even though the user has local admin rights.  After I uninstall ESET and restarted the system performed normally.  So I reinstalled ESET.  After reinstall the system jumped right back up to 60 - 75% and has been constant 60 - 95% with no apps open. 

System Info:

Windows 7 Pro

Intel® Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz

4gb Ram

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.4.2014.0

Office 2010

Chrome

Any help would be apprectated

Leon

• ESET Moderators

Hello Leon,

can you check if there is no other AV installed on the system?

If not you can send me output from ESET Log Collector tool and dump from erkn created via Procdump  (run procdump -ma ekrn from an elevated command line, please let ekrn consume CPU for about 5 minutes before creating the dump) for analysis.

Regards, P.R.

Hello P.R.

Sorry with the holiday weekend I am just now getting to read your reply.  I verified there was no other AV software installed. I do have the procdump file already where do you want me to send them?

Thanks,

Leon

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

not an issue at all, I hope you enjoyed the free time.

please pack the dump along with the ESET log collector output, upload it to a safe location and send me a private message with download link and password with reference to this topic.

Regards, P.R.