ERA is failing to connect to licencing server

• ESET Staff

Verify return code: 20 (unable to get local issuer certificate)

Seems you are missing Thawte root CA certificate that should be available in system. Have you updated this system recently or updates are disabled since older ERA release?

Seems you are missing Thawte root CA certificate that should be available in system. Have you updated this system recently or updates are disabled since older ERA release?

It's just debian 8 test machine :)

You mean update the ERA server appliance?

It is on version 6.3.148.0

• ESET Staff

You mean update the ERA server appliance?

It is on version 6.3.148.0

No, that was question for bbahes as his system was not able to validate ESET certificate.

In your case, I would suggest to reboot machine (if not already tried) as there seems to be connection problems and it may help. It seems that outgoing SSL/TLS connections are not working properly -> firewall in appliance is not filtering outgoing traffic, therefore I think there is some kind of configuration problem, or maybe firewall/security product somewhere between appliance and outside internet.

I changed the gateway to another router and it added the license with no problem.

All that after importing the VA and testing it in to two different machines... I ended up with the first one. 

Something must be stoping the https on my 2811 router and I have no clue. I will troubleshoot it later.

I will continue with this setup for now.