Update fails with warning: internal server error

Hello,

I'm using ERA V6 in our environment and some clients still use the Antivir V5.

Sincxe yesterday I recieve from nearly all clients the warning message: "Beim Ausführen von Update auf dem Computer ... wurde folgende Warnmeldung erzeugt: Interner Serverfehler.!" -> internal Servererror

What does this mean?

• Administrators

The error means that the server returned an internal error code. Do you have the latest version of Endpoint v5 5.0.2260 or at least 5.0.2254 and ERA 5.3.33 installed? 

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.3.148.0
ESET Remote Administrator (Webconsole), Version 6.3.114.0

and

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 5.0.2214.5

• Administrators

Ok, so you update Endpoint v5 from ESET's update servers? If you want to stay with Endpoint v5, at least upgrade to the latest version which has certain bugs in the updater fixed.

I tried to let the endpoints get their updates via the V6-ERA, this doesn't wok... Now they search their updateserver by theri own and it works...

I 've to upgrade the Endpoints to v6, then I hope all is working as we want... :)

Thanks for fast replay!

• Administrators

I tried to let the endpoints get their updates via the V6-ERA, this doesn't wok... 

This is weird. ERA v6 does not provide mirrored update files for clients. Mirror can be created using a v6 poduct other than ERA (e.g. by ESET File Security) or using a new mirror tool as per the instructions at hxxp://help.eset.com/era_install/63/en-US/?mirror_tool_linux.htm.