Trouble in the remote installation of Network Agent

The is happening on two servers that performed installation. When I try to install a network agent on a machine with x86, the installation returns message that can not install on that platform or returns as installation completed but when I check the machine can not find the agent installation. I just try to resort to the local installation by downloading the version for x86 and installing the machine. Can you help me?

Can someone help me please? As I explained earlier, the way that I try to install the agent is the server task.

Edited by Primuwidi

Please give more information. By "a network agent" do you mean ERA Remote Administrator Agent", or some other agent? If its some other agent, what is the agent and how are you trying to do the install?

Jim

Ugh, Wrote it all, only to find i wasn't signed in... Bleh.

Anyways, i'll barge in as its a subject that sounds very similar to my issue.

Using ERA 6.3, trying to deploy ERA Agents on 2 Mac computers via Server task (the server tasks for synchronizing with AD and\or deploying agents,etc..)

the first computer says the task completed successfully but i don't see any information on the computer object in the web console.

the second computer failed with "couldn't find package" information and after a few fails (and accidental starting the task twice)

it got stuck with "Starting Task" and nothing changes (more than 12 hours have passed)

I've tried deleting the task and creating a new one, but even the new one got stuck.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Please give more information. By "a network agent" do you mean ERA Remote Administrator Agent", or some other agent? If its some other agent, what is the agent and how are you trying to do the install?

Jim

Good Morning. I'll try to explain. I'm trying to install Network Agent remotely, the ERA server, then I create the server task "Agent Deployment" for an installation on a Windows 7 x86. There were two situations, one after sending perform this task a status was returned to "Done" to find nothing on the host, or the folder containing the files installed and running or service. In another case returned status of "failure, unsupported system."

I understand that the agent that the ERA server should support both versions. After I performed a local installation with the release of the agent for x86 and installed smoothly and communicated with the ERA.

I'll ask again:)

What is "Network Agent" ? If you mean "ESET Remote Administrator Agent" then please confirm. If you menas something else, tellus what it is :-)

It's the same as me saying "I'm trying to install a document editing package" when I really mean "MS Word 2016 x64"....

Exact, precise names and versions are important in allowing others to help you.

Jim

I'll ask again:)

What is "Network Agent" ? If you mean "ESET Remote Administrator Agent" then please confirm. If you menas something else, tellus what it is :-)

It's the same as me saying "I'm trying to install a document editing package" when I really mean "MS Word 2016 x64"....

Exact, precise names and versions are important in allowing others to help you.

Jim

Well, it is that so far here in the forum talking to the moderators of Eset I did not have to speak his name as seen in the manual, so did not get to understand your question because there is only one agent, so I thought it would be enough, but yes, Eset Remote Administrator agent.

ok, in one of your earlier posts you mentioned:

"No, I'm trying to perform the installation by task."

Is this a task within ERA? If so, then ERA tasks work by communicating with the Agent. So by definition you need already have the agent insatlled on the computers.

To install the agent on PCs, you really have these options:  AD deploy from within ERA; AD GPO Software Install entry, or Agent Live Installer.

Jim

ok, in one of your earlier posts you mentioned:

"No, I'm trying to perform the installation by task."

Is this a task within ERA? If so, then ERA tasks work by communicating with the Agent. So by definition you need already have the agent insatlled on the computers.

To install the agent on PCs, you really have these options:  AD deploy from within ERA; AD GPO Software Install entry, or Agent Live Installer.

Jim

I'm trying to perform a remote installation by Eset Remote Administrator, a task of implementing the agent was, is an assisted installation by ERA server. I am using the method GPO or the Agent Live.

When I tried to accomplish this remote installation is generated an error that is not supported by the platform and in another case the task completed but not installed anything, veirifiquei locally on the machine and did not contain any folder ERA agent or service running. In both cases the installation attempt was made in Windows 7 x86.

After that happened I saw as a solution, download the agent for ERA x86 version and performed the local installation, which needed only to point the server and then put the ERA Web console credentials, and performing this procedure the agent ERA was installed.
I want to understand why I can not perform remote installation and how this concert, it is of paramount importance to remote installation. Thank you and look forward.

Note: My English is poor, I am using a translator, if something gets confused me know that I try to explain again.

• ESET Staff

Could you specify details about your remote deployment task settings? First setting enables you to select AGENT version you want to install (default is automatic resolution of suitable version) and in case you select wrong platform, it may end just like in your case.

Could you specify details about your remote deployment task settings? First setting enables you to select AGENT version you want to install (default is automatic resolution of suitable version) and in case you select wrong platform, it may end just like in your case.

I'll describe the way I used to create the task so that it is understood what I did.
I selected the ADMIN panel / after Server Tasks / Agent Deployment / New:
Now I configured as follows:
Basic:
I put a name to the task.
Settings:
left enabled "Automatic resolution of agent subtable"
targets:
I chose the machine.
username:
I put the user
pasword:
I put the password
Server Hostname:
I left blank
Cerrtificate Settings - Peer Certificate:
ERA certificate
ERA certificate:
Agent Certificate
Certificate Passphrase:
I left blank
triggers:
I not created.
FINISH

Now I just went to the created task and clicked on and then selected "Run now". And it was there that returned the flaws I mentioned, with this I saw as an alternative download on the site eset the individual ERA agent package for x86 version.
This installation from ERA Server does not have to choose the version of WAS agent, this is done automatically.
Edited by Primuwidi

• ESET Staff

Task configuration is correct. Proper platform for installation should have been chosen.

Please provide some details about target operating system (Windows version ...) as there is a chance we are not correctly recognizing target platform. Also SERVER's trace.log will contain more details - even more if you enable full trace logging in SERVER's configuration.

In case you are not able to resolve this issue and there are only few problematic computers I would suggest to install AGENTs manually using live installer generated by ERA server.

Task configuration is correct. Proper platform for installation should have been chosen.

Please provide some details about target operating system (Windows version ...) as there is a chance we are not correctly recognizing target platform. Also SERVER's trace.log will contain more details - even more if you enable full trace logging in SERVER's configuration.

In case you are not able to resolve this issue and there are only few problematic computers I would suggest to install AGENTs manually using live installer generated by ERA server.

When you say the right platform should be chosen is referring to the ERA server should send the correct version for the host, is not it? In this case, should be chosen automatically and not by me, would not that be I responsible for choosing the version in choosing the task, is not it ?! I ask this because the task does not have this kind of option.

I'll see if I can collect this information, but as I said earlier, I tried this installation on a machine with x86 version of OS.