ESET NOD32 Antivirus Causing my Bluray Program to crash

Guest ahender

Guest ahender

I am running Edius 6.08 video software.  When I try to create a bluray video disk the program crashes when it calls an EXE program,

I uninstalled every antivirus program and service and the program works fine.

Reinstalled ESET NOD32 and the program is now crashing again.

I added an exception to include the EXE file that is called but the program still crashes.

I am using the latest trial version.

Any ideas?

Alan

Try excluding all the files in the program installation directory, type the path to the folder and use *.* at the end, for example: "X:/ProgramPath/*.*" (without quotes).

Guest ahender

Tried that.  I've excluded the working directory, the project directory, and the primary Edius directory.  Also tried to "temporarily disable protection" and that did not help either.

Guest Ahender

Does disabling HIPS and Self-defense followed by a computer restart make a difference?

Marcos.  Thanks for taking the time to assist me.

I disabled the two items you note and restarted the computer. Did not help.

Alan

Guest ahender

Marcos.

I tried to uninstall ESET so that I could run my burner program but the program did not uninstall properly.  There were several registry values that it did not delete.  Now it pops up a window that says "unable to communicate with kernel" or something like that.

alan

Guest ahender

Downloaded the ESET uninstaller program and it completely removed ESET.

Burner is working fine but would love to be able to use ESET and the burner together. 

Alan

Guest ahender

Decided to go with Bitdefender.  Made two exceptions and it is working fine.  Just as I installed Bitdefender, an Edius forum member stated that he is using ESET Smart Security and it works fine for him. Oh well.

• Administrators

It's weird that disabling real-time protection and HIPS didn't help. If possible, try installing the latest beta 7 (use default settings) and let us know if the bluray software stops crashing or not. If the problem persists, start Windows in safe mode and rename the files eamonm.sys and edevmon.sys in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder and see if that makes a difference.