ESET Nod32 Blocking my website

My Website : www.techandtalks.com

ESET is blocking my website, I don't know what is the problem with it. No other antivirus softwares are blocking my website ,I' ve checked with others top antivirus softwares. What is the reason for blocking my website ? Anybody help me, it is very urgent

Edited by shameerurdu

I was able to get to your site just fine using nod32 AV version 7.

Please include some screen shots of the error you recieved as well as your version of software and virus sig database version.

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators

The website is not blocked. Probably it was a malicious java script that was detected as JS/Kryptik.

SCUMWARE.org URL description
This URL is or was distributing a malware variant of JS/Kryptik.ALB trojan

According to Webroot's BrightCloud there have been no less than 172 Threat Activities on the site so far....

Total Activities 172

First Detected 2012-11-05

Last Detected 2013-09-01

So I would say that ESET's detection is correct too. And as Marcos said the site is not blocked by ESET. But the web access module does detect threats on the website.

Edited by SweX

Even so, these threats may have been on the site at one time, its very hard to erase that sort of publication.

You can have the sight all cleaned up, re-scanned and re-reported to Virustotal and to all vendors blocking to unblock, however the publication of history will remain for some time.

No not at one time then they would have been on the site when threats were first detected in 2012, but as threats were detected once again now in 2013, so it have had threats on it 2 times at least.

My point is, that they need to improve the security around the site and make it harder for the "bad side" to get in.

But to be honest, I don't really care when it had threats on it, or how many times, it's not worth arguing about it, if one vendor detects anything on any site, stay away until it's all green and clean simple as that. :)

Edit: One should also be extra careful with newly registered website, like this one seems to be:

Domain 1st Registered 2013-08-05 (29 days ago)

Edited by SweX

No not at one time then they would have been on the site when threats were first detected in 2012, but as threats were detected once again now in 2013, so it have had threats on it 2 times at least.

My point is, that they need to improve the security around the site and make it harder for the "bad side" to get in.

But to be honest, I don't really care when it had threats on it, or how many times, it's not worth arguing about it, if one vendor detects anything on any site, stay away until it's all green and clean simple as that. :)

Edit: One should also be extra careful with newly registered website, like this one seems to be:

Domain 1st Registered 2013-08-05 (29 days ago)

Hey Swex, my friend :)

I think we were confused together on the idea.

Mine is the same as yours, i agree.

I was trying to say this:

1. You can register a domain and start a publication !

2. Malware infects your site. VirusTotal and anti-virus vendors receive reports and acknowledge.

3. Your site is branded as a malware infected site and traffic is diminished. ie through "VirusTotal". Scanned on Jan. 1 2012

4. You remove your malware and publicize that it is gone. Traffic may improve and services are restored.

5. Your site still has that history of " HAD MALWARE " back in 2012.

6. Some people may still be hesitant to visit the site regardless of publications that no infection is residual on Jan 1. 2013

:) I hope we're together now !

Hey Swex, my friend :)

I think we were confused together on the idea.

Mine is the same as yours, i agree.

I was trying to say this:

1. You can register a domain and start a publication !

2. Malware infects your site. VirusTotal and anti-virus vendors receive reports and acknowledge.

3. Your site is branded as a malware infected site and traffic is diminished. ie through "VirusTotal". Scanned on Jan. 1 2012

4. You remove your malware and publicize that it is gone. Traffic may improve and services are restored.

5. Your site still has that history of " HAD MALWARE " back in 2012.

6. Some people may still be hesitant to visit the site regardless of publications that no infection is residual on Jan 1. 2013

:) I hope we're together now !

I see, no problem my friend, we're always in this together  ;)

Edited by SweX

• 2 years later...

My site is clean but nod is still blocking my sites while i deleted all hosting and install new wordpress on it with clean files kindly check again
hxxp://www.apnakotaddu.com/

Edited by TomasP
unlinked

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The website is only categorized as a potentially unwanted website with uncertain reputation or potentially unwanted content.

However, the users can still choose to proceed to visit that website.

If you believe it being flagged as such mistakenly, please follow the steps at: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb141/

Thanks,

T.