Question regarding a multi PC license

karcyon

I'm currently running the trial version because my Malwarebytes license is running out and I think I will switch all my PCs to NOD32. I want to buy a end user license for multiple devices and a 2 year plan. What confuses me is how I will manage my license. As a Home/End User: Lets say one of my devices with an activated license of NOD32 gets lost or destroyed. Ho do I deactivate this device to free up the then unused license? After reading the Support page, License management seems to be a business thing. Or I just can't figure out how this is going to work.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Home/End User: Lets say one of my devices with an activated license of NOD32 gets lost or destroyed. Ho do I deactivate this device to free up the then unused license?

Yes, a real kind of license management is only possible with business products. However with home products is is much easier: When you have lost an activated device with a you just go ahead and activate your license on your new/on a different device.

What ESET checks is only how many devices are currently active, so if one device with a license is unused (i.e. it does not request updates) it won't count as a licensed device.

Simply said there is no need to deactivate a device. ESET will notice how many devices you use.