Eset v8 upgrade notification | v9.0.380 vs 381 differences?

Go to solution Solved by TomFace,

I'm still on ESET 8 for I did to not like ESET 9 firewall rule ui for the time being. I noticed now a ! in the taskbar and see that it wants me to upgrade. Is there a way to get rid of this notification as I want the ! to go away. Also, what difference in the versions between 380 and 381? 380 is the download version on ESET website while 381 is the upgrade install version being presented to me through ESET 8.

• Solution

Hello Morisato. To get rid of the light blue !, do a program repair via control panel>programs. Then once repaired, go to scheduled tasks in ESS and make sure you have not created a task to check for newer version. Also, needless to say do not do a manual check for new versions.

As far as the difference in version numbers see the following: https://forum.eset.com/topic/29-decoding-eset-version-numbers/

Edited by TomFace

Hello Morisato. To get rid of the light blue !, do a program repair via control panel>programs. Then once repaired, go to scheduled tasks in ESS and make sure you have not created a task to check for newer version. Also, needless to say do not do a manual check for new versions.

As far as the difference in version numbers see the following: https://forum.eset.com/topic/29-decoding-eset-version-numbers/

Mmm yes. Tools -> Scheduler or Setup -> Advanced setup -> Update -> Settings -> Setup... -> untick check for latest product version.

Thanks for this, I had been wondering how to get rid of that annoying blue circle on v8, I just couldn't put up with the lack of coherent structure in the rules editing window in v9

BTW. now we have no access to any further updates of version 8 what was the last official version, I have 8.0.319.0

@ESET please but a button to the rules under the Tools menu so we dont have to trawl through the Advance setup