Firewall-Policies not adding?

Hi there,

we recently rolled out firewall policies and I configured the following:

- Basic firewall ruleset for everybody in "Windows-Computer" dynamic group

- Special additional firewall ruleset for IT department directly on 2 clients inside of this dynamic group

I also tried:

- Basic firewall ruleset for everybody in "Windows-Computer" dynamic group

- Special additional firewall ruleset for IT department on a subgroup of this dynamic group (which contains the 2 clients again)

When applied, only the last of the policies is applied - which means that only the it department ruleset is applied on those 2 clients. The basic ruleset is ignored and not applied at all.

Where did I go wrong? None of the policies is forced, so this can't be the cause why they are overwritten. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Edit: I read on another topic that currently every policy of the "same set" is overwritten... This can't be! I don't want to edit like 20 policies when the Basic policy changes, because I need to have all policies contain the same set of rules as the previous one + extra settings for the other group!

Edited by Guest

• Administrators

Firewall rules are currently handled as one setting, ie. rules from different policies will not merge.

Firewall rules are currently handled as one setting, ie. rules from different policies will not merge.

Is there any estimate when this behaviour will be changed?

• ESET Staff

Hello, as of now, it is difficult to provide exact estimate. Internal target is to change it to the upcoming Endpoint 6.5, which is scheduled for Late Q4 release. However, this information is preliminary only, and could be confirmed once the scope has been closed.

• 1 month later...

I miss this function since I use Remote Administrator and I do for several years. This wish I repeatedly brought to ESET but nothing changed.