Upgrade to Version 10.0.169.0 ?

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I have been advised via the internal updater that an upgrade to version 10.0.169.0 is available for ESET Internet Security 10.0.106.0.

I click for it to install but it just sits there in an endless loop doing nothing (no files are being downloaded or anything else is happening). I have the option to cancel the update, which if I do and then try to install again, the same issue occurs with the install just sitting there with nothing happening.

On the Centercode site, there is no mention of version 10.0.169.0 and only version 10.0.106.0 is available for download (so a manual install "over the top" is not possible). The link in the beta announcement post also only shows version 10.0.106.0 and no mention of 10.0.169.0.

Is this a legitimate upgrade, and if so, when will the installer be available for download since the in product upgrade seems not to be working?

Edited by puff-m-d

• ESET Insiders

I posted to the main beta topic about the same thing. I assume this is caused by the same problem I have been having randomly for years with ESET products. It can't stop its own service to install the upgrade, so it sits the indefinitely waiting for it to stop and it never does. I gave up and just uninstalled EIS altogether. If they can post an already updated installer I may help test it if I don't give up first and install something else.

same issue here. trying to upgrade but does nothing at all. even tried re downloading it from eset beta website and i ended up with .160 instead

• ESET Insiders

The lack of a response is causing me to lose interest rapidly. Even a "Yes, it's broken, we're looking into it" might stop me from moving on to something else. There are other products in beta... :D

The lack of a response is causing me to lose interest rapidly. Even a "Yes, it's broken, we're looking into it" might stop me from moving on to something else. There are other products in beta... :D

yeah, I sent a bug report, tweeted a message to ESET, seems like no moderator on the forum is active.

Since we are doing ESET a favor by using a BETA to participate in perfecting this AV, the least I expect is some more interaction/attention from the ESET staff.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

in case you are not able to upgrade to the new version (it notifies you, but nothings happen after clicking on the upgrade button) please

1. take Procdump from ekrn right after the issue manifests (download Procdump tool from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspxrun cmd as an administrator and run procdump -ma ekrn)

2. collect logs by means of ESET log collector as described here: hxxp://support.eset.sk/kb3466/?viewlocale=en_US

Pack these two logs, upload them to a safe location and send me a download link with reference to this forum topic, we will check it.

Thank you, P.R.

Hello,

in case you are not able to upgrade to the new version (it notifies you, but nothings happen after clicking on the upgrade button) please

1. take Procdump from ekrn right after the issue manifests (download Procdump tool from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspxrun cmd as an administrator and run procdump -ma ekrn)

2. collect logs by means of ESET log collector as described here: hxxp://support.eset.sk/kb3466/?viewlocale=en_US

Pack these two logs, upload them to a safe location and send me a download link with reference to this forum topic, we will check it.

Thank you, P.R.

same here i was at least expecting a response. it seems like they dont even check this forum?

Really looking forward to it coming out of beta. :)

yeah, I sent a bug report, tweeted a message to ESET, seems like no moderator on the forum is active.

Since we are doing ESET a favor by using a BETA to participate in perfecting this AV, the least I expect is some more interaction/attention from the ESET staff.

same issue here. trying to upgrade but does nothing at all. even tried re downloading it from eset beta website and i ended up with .160 instead

Same here with my NOD32 v10.0.106.0

I posted to the main beta topic about the same thing. I assume this is caused by the same problem I have been having randomly for years with ESET products. It can't stop its own service to install the upgrade, so it sits the indefinitely waiting for it to stop and it never does. I gave up and just uninstalled EIS altogether. If they can post an already updated installer I may help test it if I don't give up first and install something else.

Hello,

I have been advised via the internal updater that an upgrade to version 10.0.169.0 is available for ESET Internet Security 10.0.106.0.

I click for it to install but it just sits there in an endless loop doing nothing (no files are being downloaded or anything else is happening). I have the option to cancel the update, which if I do and then try to install again, the same issue occurs with the install just sitting there with nothing happening.

On the Centercode site, there is no mention of version 10.0.169.0 and only version 10.0.106.0 is available for download (so a manual install "over the top" is not possible). The link in the beta announcement post also only shows version 10.0.106.0 and no mention of 10.0.169.0.

Is this a legitimate upgrade, and if so, when will the installer be available for download since the in product upgrade seems not to be working?

Hey guys 

Peter Randziak

is a moderator, he replied asking the dump files so they can take a look at it to all the beta testers out there having the same issue check back on this thread and look for peter randziak's post follow the guide how to collect dump files and upload it so they can fix this annoying issue I for one have this freaking loop and doing the dump if i have free time 

Hello,

Thank you, P.R.

That didn't work due to denied access when running the command:

so here is the final solution to install the latest update thanks to xxJackxx:

1- While NOD32 is running, go to the start menu > ESET, then right click on ESET NOD32 Antivirus icon and choose run as admin.

2- This will re-launch the GUI in Admin Mode with full privileges

3- Now run the update again and you will immediately notice it is actually downloading the files then will proceed with the installation.

4- Reboot when prompted to do so to complete the installation

Note: If you want to save the installer for future use, it is located in: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Installer and is named: NUPEFEF.msi

this way you can install the latest version in the future right away

• ESET Insiders

I am running the Internet Security and the downloaded file was named NUPC106.msi. Don't know if it will be the same for everyone.

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I would just like to add that manually launching the GUI with "run as admin" and then doing the upgrade worked fine on my install of ESET Internet Security as I now have version 1.0.169.0.

Thanks to Phoenix for the tip and to xxJackxx for the solution...

Hello,

Thank you, P.R.

That didn't work due to denied access when running the command:

so here is the final solution to install the latest update thanks to xxJackxx:

1- While NOD32 is running, go to the start menu > ESET, then right click on ESET NOD32 Antivirus icon and choose run as admin.

2- This will re-launch the GUI in Admin Mode with full privileges

3- Now run the update again and you will immediately notice it is actually downloading the files then will proceed with the installation.

4- Reboot when prompted to do so to complete the installation

Note: If you want to save the installer for future use, it is located in: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Installer and is named: NUPEFEF.msi

this way you can install the latest version in the future right away

Thank you Phoenix, good advice.

Edited by DinGo

• ESET Insiders

I figured I should also note that when I tried to install the downloaded file on my desktop (10.0.169.0) without upgrading it prompted me for activation instead of giving a beta license. As I have a valid license for ESS, it worked so I am ok with that. Just something you may encounter if you want to clean install it.

I figured I should also note that when I tried to install the downloaded file on my desktop (10.0.169.0) without upgrading it prompted me for activation instead of giving a beta license. As I have a valid license for ESS, it worked so I am ok with that. Just something you may encounter if you want to clean install it.

thanks for the tip champ.

after this update everything went to hell. system will not shut down i get exception address errors, the eset firewall no longer working even after a restart, bsod etc..

• ESET Insiders

after this update everything went to hell. system will not shut down i get exception address errors, the eset firewall no longer working even after a restart, bsod etc..

That stinks. I did 2 installs. On my laptop I did an upgrade from the 106 build. All was fine. On my desktop I did a clean install to see how it would go. It ran really slow and acted strangely until I rebooted, then it was fine. If I had your experience I would uninstall, start with the 106 build (based on the experience I had) and try again. Sounds like something was corrupted during the upgrade. Once I got both machines rebooted and did the initial scan, it runs very well on both.

I never used my system after the upgrade, I was actually just about to restore an image using Macrium Reflect so I did a clean install of the new BETA and it's been perfect