Web Control not working on ver 5.0.

grant7072

Hi,

I tried to set up web control in the policy manager on RAC, but it did not work on the client.

On the client advanced setup, the web control is not showing under Web and email.

System integration was enabled to Yes in policy manager.

Console version: 5.0.511.0

Client: 5.0.2214.4

Please advice.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please see the attached screen shots.

The 0903-1 shows the client does not have that "Web Control" enable option. 0903-2 shows the policy configuration.

Thanks.

post-996-0-74090500-1378230599_thumb.pngpost-996-0-37790000-1378230599_thumb.png

• Administrators

ESET Endpoint Antivirus doesn't include Web control (equivalent to Parental Control in home version), only ESET Endpoint Security does.

Web access protection and Web control are different protection modules.

Hi, Peter

What 's the difference between these two operations? I did assign the policy to the clients, but it looks like this web control setting was not on the clients.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

configuration task is one time procedure.

When clients connects to ERA it downloads tasks - one of them is configuration task.

Policy is applied as specific type of configuration task and the advantage is that it is applied repeatedly so even you overwrite configuration on endpoint it will be overwritten by policy again.

Different policies can be set up for different groups of endpoints.

Thanks, Peter

If I distribute a particular configuration to clients, and it connects to ERA periodically for new policies, does it mean it will have the policy settings anyway?

If so, I am wondering why that policy setting was not shown on the client, while all the other settings are there.

• Administrators

I've tested it and the list of blocked addresses was applied properly on the client. Perhaps you could provide me with the policy you use (xml file) so that I can check if there's something wrong with it.

• Administrators

Your policy was properly applied to my Endpoint client after connecting to ERAS v5. Could you please post a screen shot of your Web control rule setup to make sure you're looking at the right setting?

• Administrators

The thing is you're looking at the Web protection settings -> URL address management on the client but in the Configuration editor you have a Web control setup window with rules open. Web access protection and Web control are different features although both allow for blocking URL. While URL address management is a part of Web protection, Web Control is an equivalent to Parental Control in home version.

• Administrators

Is it now clear what you were doing wrong? You have ESET Endpoint Antivirus installed but trying to configure an ESET Endpoint Security feature (Web control). In order to block URLs in EAV, navigate to Personal filrewall -> Settings -> Web access protection -> HTTP address management where you can specify the URLs to block.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same issue but I am using Endpoint Security. The policy applies and I can see the settings in the client. The policy is set to only apply to users in a certain group in active directory, I am logged in as a member of that OU but no blocking takes place.

Please can you help?

• Administrators

I have the same issue but I am using Endpoint Security. The policy applies and I can see the settings in the client. The policy is set to only apply to users in a certain group in active directory, I am logged in as a member of that OU but no blocking takes place.

Does it work if you create a blocking rule for all users? Could you post some screen shots to illustrate what you have done?