Maximum protection settings for ESET NOD32 Anitvirus 9?

cawaldie

I am very new to all this and would like to set my antivirus at maximum protection.  Is there any site that would give me step by step instructions how I would be able to do this or a video which I can follow along?

• Administrators

Basically maximum protection settings are the default ones. There's no need to modify anything but advanced users can create custom HIPS and firewall rules for even better protection.

what i am looking for is when the antivirus loads it says you are protected.  i want it to say you are maximum protected.  does it have this status in antivirus 9?

You are maximum protected in V9 too.  :)

In V8, the Home GUI says "maximum protection" when everything works normally and there are no issues.

But in V9 it looks like this and says "you are protected", the words are the only difference here.

hxxp://support.eset.com/Platform/Publishing/images/Authoring/Image%20Files/ESET/KB_ENG/KB3753_Fig4b.png

Nothing have changed with the software itself in terms of "maximum" protection, only a few words in the GUI.

Or perhaps you're talking about the "splash" screen at boot ?

I don't remember what it says in V9 but above applies there too, it is basically only the use of words that may not be exactly the same in all places.

Edited by SweX