Banking protection stopped working

As of the last few days, Banking Protection feature has stopped working.  When I attempt to open a banking site that is on my list of protected sites, a secure browser does not open.  This was working the last time I tried to connect, but has stopped.  Any ideas of what to check?  I have tried turning the feature off and on, and that did not help.

I can manually choose the option from the ESET Tools screen, but it doesn't work automatically as it once did.

Using ESET SS 9.0.375.0 with update 13579.

Guest MarcoO

Same problem here, maybe it is a problem with the update... Unfortunately again. Please fix it and bring it under your control ESET  ;)

Using ESET Smart Security 9.0.381.1 with the latest update, but I got the problem since yesterday.

As of the last few days, Banking Protection feature has stopped working.  When I attempt to open a banking site that is on my list of protected sites, a secure browser does not open.  This was working the last time I tried to connect, but has stopped.  Any ideas of what to check?  I have tried turning the feature off and on, and that did not help.

I can manually choose the option from the ESET Tools screen, but it doesn't work automatically as it once did.

Using ESET SS 9.0.375.0 with update 13579.

I am currently using 9.0.375.0/database 13579P on a Win 7 machine and the banking protection is working OK.

Did you try doing a repair of ESS (that would be less painful compared to a re-install)? Just a thought.

Edited by TomFace

The default system browser is Edge. However, I am trying this in my main browser, Chrome, which is where the problem seems to be.  It works in Firefox and Edge, not in Chrome.

Since posting, I have updated to 9.0.381.0, and still have same issue.

• Administrators

1, Banking and payment protection does not support Edge as it runs in a sandboxed environment.

2, Chrome v51 x64 is not supported. If you are using a 32-bit version, you might want to enable pre-release updates in the advanced setup to get the latest version of the Banking and payment protection module.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.  I don't want it to open in EDGE.  I want it to open in Chrome.  Before, I would open the site in Chrome, it would redirect to the banking protection in Chrome.  Before, when I would open the site in Firefox, it would redirect to the banking protection in Firefox.  Now, when I open a banking site in Chrome, it does not redirect at all.  When I open the banking site in Firefox, it redirects to banking protection in Firefox.  

The only reason I mentioned Chrome is because someone asked what my default browser was.  My default browser has not changed.  I will make my default browser Chrome, if that helps.

1, Banking and payment protection does not support Edge as it runs in a sandboxed environment.

2, Chrome v51 x64 is not supported. If you are using a 32-bit version, you might want to enable pre-release updates in the advanced setup to get the latest version of the Banking and payment protection module.

Sorry, I missed point 2.  I don't know how to tell if it is 32-bit or 64-bit, but Chrome is reporting 51.0.2704.84 m

• Administrators

In the task manager you'd see *32 next to 32-bit processes on Windows x64 systems. If you find out that you have an x64 version installed, it will be first supported as of the next build of v10 beta which will be available in about one month.

Guest MarcoO

Sorry, I missed point 2.  I don't know how to tell if it is 32-bit or 64-bit, but Chrome is reporting 51.0.2704.84 m

If you got the 64-Bit Version it stands right behind the version number in brackets. Like that: X.X.X.X m (64-bit).

I have Chrome 64-Bit and the ESET Payment Protection don't work since the update to Chrome 51, there before with all older Chrome 64-Bit versions it worked.

Maybe you are wrong Marcos, or ESET don't support the 64-Bit version after an update, or I am just a lucky guy  :D

In the task manager you'd see *32 next to 32-bit processes on Windows x64 systems. If you find out that you have an x64 version installed, it will be first supported as of the next build of v10 beta which will be available in about one month.

OK, it says I have the 32-bit version of Chrome in Task Manager. :(

I am using 32-bit version of Chrome and it is not working in 9.0.381.0 with 13623P (20160609) in pre-release mode.

OK, this is even weirder.  It works for some sites on Chrome 32, but not all sites.  The sites that work on Firefox don't all work on Chrome.  

• 2 months later...

Banking protection has never worked for me in Firefox with Bank of America. Now on FF 48.02. It tells me that it it is incompatible with one of my extensions, but doesn't say which one. I can get onto BoA with IE 11, but I much prefer to use FF. Any idea which extension is the culprit?

JEL