Unable to install another AV software

burg

Hello,

I didn't use the Eset Smart Security program in a long while due to problems with it, and was using "Microsoft Security Essentials" until now.

I was about to install "AVG Internet Security", but it immediately prevent me to do so, because apparently it found old traces of an Eset program.

As mentionned, I uninstalled the Eset I was using a while ago.

So I searched manually typing "Eset" and deleting the folders I found.

But now I can't find anything on my computer that would be called Eset or "Smart Security". I still can't install AVG.

I would need help to completely erase Eset from my computer, thank you by advance.

• Administrators

To remove ESET completely, run the Uninstall tool in safe mode as per the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2116/.

If you come across an issue, I'd recommend contacting us to find a solution. Moving from one of the top AVs to another one that will not provide equal protection at least is not a good decision I'd say.

To remove ESET completely, run the Uninstall tool in safe mode as per the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2116/.

If you come across an issue, I'd recommend contacting us to find a solution. Moving from one of the top AVs to another one that will not provide equal protection at least is not a good decision I'd say.

Hello Marcos, well I'm not sure you readed me well, I know Eset Smart Security does a good job but I had my problems with it, like a slower system overall.

I uninstalled it a while ago so I have no uninstaller, the program is no more listed in my list of programs. But there must be Eset files left, because AVG refuse to install.

As I have no "uninstall" for Eset anymore ( it is already uninstalled ), what should I do ? Would the manual uninstall process ( hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/) help me on this, having no more Eset program at all installed ?

Thank you !