Online scanner crashes

Hello guys,

a user experiencing the issue provided us with a dump, we prepared a fixed version 2.0.12.4 and he confirmed, that it works fine now.

In case you would like to try it, send me and TomasP a private message.

Regards, P.R.

Thank you Peter, I would like to try again. I've sent you a private message.

For months now I have had a 100% failure rate with product on a number of systems.  

How long was this tested?

How many systems did you test this on?

It could not have been many.

Why is a nonfunctional version of this still up for download?

When will this be fixed?

I have lost all faith in eset products as a result of this. 

• ESET Moderators
Hello,

the preview version of ESET Online Scanner, fixing reported stability issues is available here: hxxp://ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/ESETOnlineScanner_ENU.exe

The version is not yet fully tested and approved so use it at your own risk.

Please let us know in case you experience any issues with it.

P.R.

Hello,

the preview version of ESET Online Scanner, fixing reported stability issues is available here: hxxp://ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/ESETOnlineScanner_ENU.exe
The version is not yet fully tested and approved so use it at your own risk.

Please let us know in case you experience any issues with it.

P.R.

This version still fails to even run on Windows XP SP3 32bit with an AMD Athlon XP3200+ 32bit processor, 2G RAM.

I just get the Microsoft Error Reporting dialog box saying "ESETOnlineScanner_ENU.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." etc..

I am wondering if there are any other software requirements such as Microsoft .NETframework and if so what is the minimum version needed to run this scanner?

May I suggest that ESET publish the FULL MINIMUM system and software requirements as not everyone has the software on their machines that some people may assume is installed on most 'NORMAL' computer setups.

• ESET Moderators

Hello Irmuk,

can you please try to (re)install (if missing) the C++ redistributable packages?

If it won't help you can send me the procdump from the crash and output from ESET log collector tool and we will look into it.

Regards, P.R.