ESET Blocks itself?

Hello!

I've had 2 applications blocked with the Firewall today. And one of them is an ESET file - I think. Fake perhaps?

Its: ESET Servbice - ESET, spol, s r o.

C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exe

Remote Adress: 192.16..... Dest Port: 60943 - Protocol: UDP - No usabble rule found.

And then

C6250EMR (Gateway)

Netgear, C6250EMR

Same IP & Port.

------------------------------

So should I unblock them or? Its not like it came with a popup saying it blocked them - It was just blocked without notification.

Why does ESET block its own files?

/ AgentWB

Hello.

Under recently blocked communication it says:

ESET Service

ESET, spol. s r o.

C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exe

Remote Adress: 192.16xxxx. Destination port: 600943 Protocol: UDP - Count: Once. Details: No usable rule found.

&

C6250EMR (Gateway)

Netgear, C6250EMR

192.16.xxxxxxxx

Local Application: ekrn.exe - Destination Ports: 60943 Protocol: UDP. Direction: In. Count: Once. Details No rules found.

Why does it block itself? Is it a fake / harmful object?

It is not like it came up with a popup saying it blocked it, but when I went into watch last blocked communication it came up.

/ AgentWB.

I would say you don't have a problem since it only occurred once.

This type of block activity most likely occurred because your PC connection to the Netgear router wasn't fully initialized when Eset tried to connect to the Internet for updates and the like.

Edited by itman

This type of block activity most likely occurred because your PC connection to the Netgear router wasn't fully initialized when Eset tried to connect to the Internet for updates and the like.

I has blocked the ESET Service two times in 5 days now.

I has blocked the ESET Service two times in 5 days now.

I guess I should have originally stated that occasional blocked activity is normal and nothing to worry about. Again, this is usually caused by network initialization issues that often occur at boot time or when resuming from sleep/standby mode,