How much bandwidth does Remote Administrator Proxy use

Hi,

How much bandwidth does Remote Administrator Proxy use for connection to Remote Administrator Server, say for 100 clients on a typical network per day.

I know this depends on a lot of factors, connection interval, number of logs to sync etc, just need an estimate not too far off, thanks!

• ESET Staff

Hi @RyanTsai,

As far I can tell is low and with 100 machines shouldn't impact the bandwidth of the company.

If you want some numbers, you can trackdown your actual use of the bandwidth with a

program, on next day increase verbosity logs level to next one, the next day to next level.

And later back to normal.

That should give you an idea within your company. Is not suggest to use all 100 machines

so, try using 10, that should give you a 10% example of 100 possible used.

Hope this help you. 

• ESET Staff

Hi,

How much bandwidth does Remote Administrator Proxy use for connection to Remote Administrator Server, say for 100 clients on a typical network per day.

I know this depends on a lot of factors, connection interval, number of logs to sync etc, just need an estimate not too far off, thanks!

This is question we are not able to answer as it is highly dependent on configuration and usage of ERA.

My personal lowest estimate would be 100MB (1MB per client per day) but it is very optimistic and expecting there are no incidents and almost no activity on clients (automatic nor enforced by ERA task...). You should be aware that there are multiple operation that may significantly increase bandwidth: for example requesting SysInspector logs from clients may increase it by 50MB.