• ESET Insiders

ESET does not have Anti keylogger option & Anti Rogueware scan option. Also WiFi network monitor option not found. Screen locker protection not found. Behaviour detection & block suspicious packed files option not found. Also does not have Safe mode protection, with safe mode protection malicious software or virus can't change ESET settings.

• ESET Insiders

Well, having a lot of features and calling them anti-something is just marketing terms.

ESET is fully capable of detecting and removing keyloggers and rogueware.

What to you want from WiFi network monitor? ESET already scans all trafic comming from WiFi.

Screen locker protection also seems useless.

Behaivor detecting is already include with advanced heusterics, DNA signatures and advanced memory scanner.

Safe mode protections also does not provide any real value

ESET does not have Behaviour detection & block suspicious packed files option not found.

As far as a behavior blocker, Eset uses a HIPS. You cannot have both a behavior blocker and a HIPS employed is a single security solution since they will conflict with each other.

As far as suspicious packed file protection goes, it depends on the degree of packing employed. "Loosely" packed files can be detected by Eset's DNA sigantures and possibly blacklist of the hash. For densely backed and obfuscated files, Eset's advanced memory scanner will be employed once the file has been uncloaked in memory which by definition is post-execution detection. The only real way of knowing if the process was malicious pre-execution would be to run it in a full sandbox application. 

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders

Complex settings. User need to set everything. Database update problem. Many false detection detect uTorent. Bad customer care in India. Toll free number & ticket submit ddepartment is very bad.

ken1943 say:

If you read that about another product, why are you even here ?  Buy that one !!!

Yes I have already purchased a new product & it's better than ESET. As I have an active license of ESET that's why I told this so what is your problem, ken1943??

Edited by anirbandutta

• Administrators

Complex settings. User need to set everything. Database update problem. Many false detection detect uTorent. Bad customer care in India. Toll free number & ticket submit ddepartment is very bad.

Complex settings? Although ESET allows to customize many settings, that is what many advanced users appreciate. And common users will use default settings which provide excellent protection and are recommended.

As for update issues, I haven't heard of any complaints from home users.

False detection of uTorrent? If you mean PUA detections, it's highly unlikely to be FP but detection of an actual PUA.

The only problem I have is with people bashing any software who rather complain than ask for help. All products have certain things that are a little confusing to many people, me included, but we learn how to use that product.

This is not the only forum I see the same stuff over and over. Those people should buy a computer and use every piece

of software that was pre-installed then try to get help from the manufacturer. Good luck.

You should try telling doctors and lawyers how to use a telephone, 47 years was enough for me!!!!  lol

PS.....I only changed a few things from default to make life easier for me.

Edited by ken1943

• ESET Insiders

The only problem I have is with people bashing any software who rather complain than ask for help. All products have certain things that are a little confusing to many people, me included, but we learn how to use that product.

This is not the only forum I see the same stuff over and over. Those people should buy a computer and use every piece

of software that was pre-installed then try to get help from the manufacturer. Good luck.

You should try telling doctors and lawyers how to use a telephone, 47 years was enough for me!!!!  lol

PS.....I only changed a few things from default to make life easier for me.

Bro, some problem happened sometimes with ESET & customer care in India is not good. That's why I told this all. Is anything wrong with it??

Bro, some problem happened sometimes with ESET & customer care in India is not good. That's why I told this all. Is anything wrong with it??

What does the features of the product (or lack of anti-features and use of certain buzzwords to be correct) have anything to do with how good/bad the customer care is in India ? The title of your thread is "missing features", but a more appropriate title would be: "customer care in India is no good, can you help me ? ".

"Facing update problem sometimes. Also customer support is bad."

Then write a bit about your update problems and what customer care in India was unable to help you with.

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

What does the features of the product (or lack of anti-features and use of certain buzzwords to be correct) have anything to do with how good/bad the customer care is in India ? The title of your thread is "missing features", but a more appropriate title would be: "customer care in India is no good, can you help me ? ".

Then write a bit about your update problems and what customer care in India was unable to help you with.

Update issue: Try to update......it takes update & apply but show previous database number(example: 13590), current version number as of 6/3/2016, 19:21 is (13591).

Update issue: Try to update......it takes update & apply but show previous database number(example: 13590), current version number as of 6/3/2016, 19:21 is (13591).

So updating works fine, but the update information (text) in the GUI does not change after the virus signature database has been downloaded, is that what you're saying ?

• ESET Insiders

Update Info ESET Virus signature database.

13607 (as of 7/6/2016) (www.virusradar.com)

But when I try to update(ESS 9.0.381.0) update & apply complete but showing the previous number 13606. My internet connection(broadband) is stable & fast. The GUI does not show the new update number even restart ESS or system.

Edited by anirbandutta