egui takes full CPU load after a while

Guest digifreak

Guest digifreak

Hi, just update to the recent version 6.0.316.1. On two of three XP-machines egui.exe starts to consume almost full CPU-load after a while. System nearly not useable after that. No message from the scanner. Program window cannot even be opened. Only restart helps.

Does anyone experience same issues? Is there a work around?

Thanks for letting me know.

Sven

Guest digifreak

Good morning, thanks for supporting. Could you please be somewhat more specific? From what i can see all systems are configured similar, all were updated from version 4. What does VSD mean?

Thanks Sven

What i mean is, check all the settings of ESET , write them down, then go look at the others on the 2nd and 3rd machines to make sure all the options match.

VSD - Virus Signature Database

post-1101-0-83454400-1377864289_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

I'd suggest creating a complete application memory dump of egui.exe when you observe the issue. You can achieve this by downloading Procdump and running "procdump -ma egui" which will create a dump. Then supply it to customer care for further analysis.

• 2 weeks later...

Here the same in a virtualized Winows XP (Parallels Workstation 6), checked Eset NOD32 V4,V5,V6.

After deinstalling ESET no Problems.

What now, it has cost me a half a day :-(

Sorry to hear about your problem. The best way to get it sorted is probably to follow what Marcos says above. 

And/or, you could try the V7 BETA to see if you experience the same thing with it too, or not.

(though you may want to wait a few days as I have heard a new BETA for V7 is on it's way) 

HTH :)

There is something more, after the virtual Maschine gets locked - I have to Stop it manually.

After a new start of that virtual Maschine ESET Nod32 gets cracy, it Claims not to have the newest signature base. But under update it says its the actual (and its so, 8777).

I have this Problem on two different host Computers (Windows 7) with total 4 different Windows XP Clients.

Edited by bnshe