Dear all..I would like to know  which feature below can cover by Eset
1-User-centric management
2- Collection-based configuration settings
3-Dependency-based software distribution
4-Software Center and Application Catalog
5- Configuration settings remediation
thanks

• ESET Staff

Hello, the question you are asking are "too generic" to be properly answered. Can you please elaborate more.

The only one I am sure about, is that the answer for the question 1 is "NO", as ERA is "device-centric", not "user-centric". It is possible to map relations between users and devices, however all tasks / policies are applied to devices, not to users. Only some features of our product are user-related, like webcontrol & device control (configuration takes into account logged user on the machine).

For question 3 - We can have "dependency based software distribution", meaning that specific software is installed only on machines, which fulfills a specific set of criteria. But this is limited by the "dynamic group templates" creation, and data entries they can process.

For question 4 - ERA does collect data about installed applications, however only the ones that are correctly registered in operating system. I am not sure, what is meant with "software center".

Please provide more details for "collection-based configuration settings" and "configuration settings remediation".

• 3 weeks later...

The mention feature is available in system center configuration manager SCCM by Microsoft as in the link :

hxxp://www.techrepublic.com/blog/data-center/top-five-features-in-system-center-configuration-manager-2012/

I need to compare those to Era management  .

Waiting for your  feedback me .

• ESET Staff

Hello, It´s not possible to map features of Microsoft SCCM to those of ERA, as the use-cases of both consoles are a little different. Microsoft uses SCCM to cover broader set of use-cases, including the configuration of the operating system itself.  Why is this needed? You need reasons to justify purchase of ERA, or you are a re-seller, that has a prospect, that wants this kind of comparison?

• ESET Staff

Hello, for such requests please approach your local sales office. We do have a set of battle cards, against common security vendors, however I am not sure, we will be able to address request of this specific customer.

General answers for the questions:

1, ERA does not offer user-centric management

2, ERA offers "collection based configuration settings" as you can apply settings per static / dynamic groups and based on individual devices

3, ERA offers "dependency based software distribution", based on dynamic groups / static groups, so you can configure specific criteria for a group membership, where task is then executed, if the group is used as a target of this task

4, ERA does not offer any application catalog. it can install even 3rd party applications, however this is done on a per-app basis. Exception is in case of ESET which are stored in the ESET repository.

5, ERA does not offer any "desired configuration monitoring". You can see, which products are having which policies applied, you can also request configuration, however you can´t automatically enforce remediation.