Files submission fails

Hello,

I think that ESET Smart Security detected false positives on my PC.

I go to th equarantine and try to submit these files but it fails and I got the following message you acn see in attached file.

How can I do to submit these files ?

Thanks.

post-12361-0-40705100-1463659907_thumb.png

• Administrators

Hard to say what happened, maybe a connection glitch. At any rate, I don't see any reason why you should submit already detected files as those in your screen shot are most likely correctly detected. To submit suspicious files and to report false positives, follow the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb141/.

Thanks Marcos for the link. I will try ASAP.

ccsetup.exe is CCleaner installer and hmpalert.exe is HitmanPro.Alert installer, so I think that they are not real threats...

These detections occured when I enabled the detection of "potentialy dangerous applications".

Regards.

post-12361-0-76830600-1463757929_thumb.png

As far as CCleaner is concerned, I download and use the Slim build from the builds page hxxp://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

and have never had any issues. I used to use Hitman.Pro Alert but when it went to v3 I had nothing but trouble. Besides ESS is good enough.

Edited by TomFace

These detections occured when I enabled the detection of "potentialy dangerous applications".

The detection for CCleaner standard installer is correct since you have enabled that user optional detection category. It is detected cause Google Chrome IIRC is bundled with it. If you don't want Potentially Unwanted/Unsafe Applications to be detected then you can always disable them. In any case, it is not a false positive. I can't say why HMPA is detected as such though.

I last month went with the standard CCleaner installer cause I had issues with previous version and didn't want to wait until the slim build was released. I just clicked on "no action" a few times on the PUA warning notifications to let it through and unticked the Chrome offer during install. I want pua/pups to be detected so clicking on "no action" in cases like this or when no "clean" installer is provided by the developer at all - is a no issue for me.

Edited by SweX

As far as CCleaner is concerned, I download and use the Slim build from the builds page hxxp://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

and have never had any issues. I used to use Hitman.Pro Alert but when it went to v3 I had nothing but trouble. Besides ESS is good enough.

Thanks TomFace.

Actually I stop using HitmanPro.Alert because of to much false positive with latest build but I don't want to delete the installer.

This picture is not showing any thing. Try checking your connection . 

Hi johnwooden, of course you can understand that I have a good Internet connection because I can post on this forum :rolleyes:

The detection for CCleaner standard installer is correct since you have enabled that user optional detection category. It is detected cause Google Chrome IIRC is bundled with it. If you don't want Potentially Unwanted/Unsafe Applications to be detected then you can always disable them. In any case, it is not a false positive. I can't say why HMPA is detected as such though.

I last month went with the standard CCleaner installer cause I had issues with previous version and didn't want to wait until the slim build was released. I just clicked on "no action" a few times on the PUA warning notifications to let it through and unticked the Chrome offer during install. I want pua/pups to be detected so clicking on "no action" in cases like this or when no "clean" installer is provided by the developer at all - is a no issue for me.

Hi SweX

Thanks+++ Now I have understood the CCleaner installer detection. :)

But still the problem with HitmanPro.Alert and the impossibility of submitting the file to ESET.

Edited by Leonardo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...