Unable to activate FileSecurity but Endpoint with Proxy/Agent Config can be activated

Hi,

I'm Unable to activate FileSecurity but Endpoint Clients with Proxy & Agent Policys are able to get activated at ERA Admin Panel.

I really have no Idea what this could be? 

Its a Windows 2008 R2 Server with FileSecurity x64 and Agent x64 installed. And in the same Network as the Endpoint Clients.

I gave the FileSecurity Group the correct Agent Proxy and Agent Configs...and the HTTP Proxy in the File Security Policy for updates.

I also have FileSecurity connected directly to the Internet. They are able to activate at the ERA Server... what can i do?

thankss

• Administrators

Are you able to activate EFSW manually by entering the license key? If not, what error do you get?

i already thought about this method. but i really have no idea where to get that license code :D

at the moment we are using a trial license for our company. i only have the public id.

• ESET Staff

Errors above has nothing to do with the activation.

My question is - how you have added the license into ESET Remote Administrator?

You can add license only by License Key, and by the means of "Security Admin Account".

If you have any of those, you can use both for local activation of the ESET File Security.

You can always contact your ESET representative, which can send you the license key, based on the Public ID, and identification of yourself.

If i use my License (which i found now) it gives me ERROR ECP.4099

Proxy is 100% working and configured correct in File Security. If i put in the ProxyServer in Internet Explorer im able to Visit the edf.eset Site...

• ESET Staff

Please note, that offline file should be used as a last resort of the activation troubleshooting. The main benefit of the online activation is "transparent license update" functionality, meaning that when you renew / change / update (do whatever change to your license) it will be automatically populated on the clients.

Secondly, I recommend you to check ELA, as in case this machine connects there, it will disable creation of further offline license files, as offline files are intended to be used only in pure-offline environments.

ECP 4099 has many potential causes, I would suggest to read the following KB Article: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2434/#ECP4099