I'm relatively new to ESET and have been installing ESET Smart Security on some customer computers.  It seems that it's doing a good job, but I'm having some PEBKAC problems and have come up with a solution:

Feature Request: Create a right-click system tray option to switch the program into Interactive Mode for (10) minutes

At this time the only way to get there is Right-Click, choose Advanced Setup, Network, change mode, click OK, etc., then run your scanner/printer install program (or what have you), then switch everything back.  Too much work for a client or a one-time troubleshooter to learn...

Interactive mode generates too many prompts to leave it on.  Automatic mode will prevent new things (things with no corresponding rules) from happening. Learning mode is too insecure to risk leaving it on when the job is done.  In other words, if I tell someone how to switch to Learning Mode who has been trying to install a network device for 3 hours, chances are they'll leave it enabled when they leave because they are fed up with installation problems or endless prompts...

Maybe even have an option to "Click here to stay in Interactive Mode for 10 more minutes", and without interaction switch back to the user-defined mode.

Thanks!

• Administrators

If the firewall is blocking certain network communication, the user can run the firewall troubleshooting wizard which was made just for this purpose - to provide a list of recently blocked communications and enable the desired one(s) with just 1-2 clicks.

I would love to see a "Win Update" mode added to the HIPS. Would temporarily disable all user rules for 15 mins or so until updates could install without alerts.