Can't manage my license - NEED HELP

Hey guys,

So I installed Eset 9 last night. Seems that things are running much better now than when first launched. When I activated my license it told me that my device would be known as COMPUTER - 2. We will just say that my computer name is COMPUTER.

I'm trying to find out how I can manage my license so I can remove the past two activations which would be COMPUTER and COMPUTER - 1.

At least remove them so I can reactivite my licenses and get it to label my device as just COMPUTER.

I already went to ela.eset.com and created an account but I can't seem to get my license to show up. Even when I put the product key in on the home page it tells me it's not valid.

Any help would be great!

If there is now way for me to manage this and achieve my goal here please just tell me so.

• ESET Staff

Hi @LinkinForcer,

Seems to me you are confusing the Anti-theft with the license.

License doesn't care about the name of your computer. You activate with the serial and

is done, nothing more is asked.

Now, related to anti-theft system, which Yes use the name of your computer to identify

within the other devices on the anti-theft portal.

Assuming you have already make a new installation is good if you visit the anti-theft

portal at my.eset.com and delete the previous ones.

IF you have only 1 device.

As Home user you cannot manage your license because there isn't (as far as I know)

such system. ELA is for business users who manage a lot of computers.

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

As far as I can see I don't show any devices on my anti-theft account because I don't have it set up yet. I was just trying to figure out why my computer name is labels as COMPUTER - 2 and not COMPUTER.

• ESET Insiders

This is nothing to do with anti-theft. Usually when you uninstall it clears your license and you get the same machine name next time. One time I uninstalled and it failed, leaving me to have to run the ESET uninstall tool in safe mode. Since the uninstall didn't run, the next activation appended a 1 to the machine name. So though I only have 2 machines I am betting my 3 licenses are shown on the activation server as in use. I was able to remove it from the anti-theft site but there doesn't appear to be a way to mange the license. I had posted a thread about it as well, but I don't expect you're going to get any more of a response here than I did. I expect that when it becomes an issue, I will have to contact their support directly, and likely so will you.

HUH.....OK That's weird. They should have a way to manage this kind of thing. I'd hope it wouldn't use up the License. I only have a 2 user license. I'm sure I'm good as everything still works. But there are probably 4 machines showing up right now. 3 with the same name and 1 with a different name. I'll probably try and call them tomorrow and make sure I have nothing to worry about. When and If I do I'll post a response on here.

• Administrators

You don't have to worry about your license. And personally I don't see any reason to make licensing things more difficult to home users by creating a portal for managing licenses. This is ok for business users but when it comes to home users it would only unnecessarily complicate things.

• ESET Insiders

You don't have to worry about your license. And personally I don't see any reason to make licensing things more difficult to home users by creating a portal for managing licenses. This is ok for business users but when it comes to home users it would only unnecessarily complicate things.

Good to know. Thank you for your post.