No information on "High sensitivity heuristics"?

cpetry

I just noticed this in my business 6.x product.  I can't find any information on it.  Can anyone elaborate?  Does this just crank the dial up on the advanced heuristics sensitivity?  Or does it add logic?  What are the false positives like with it on?

post-2361-0-57201200-1463256785_thumb.jpg

Edited by cpetry

• ESET Staff

This will be a new setting / feature, that will be added to the upcoming release of Endpoint 6.4. In the meantime, the setting is "harmless", as it basically sets non-existing functionality (some of the functionality will be module-dependent, so you will need to have both Endpoint 6.4 & new versions of protection module for enabling it work).

What is currently missing is the tool-tip: "Advanced-sensitivity heuristics provides detection for suspicious applications that employ techniques commonly used in malware, taking to account their reputation and origin."

Basically, it should bring more strict detection, with a slightly higher amount of false positives.

• ESET Insiders

Hi MichalJ, can you please elaborate on what exactly is used to determine if it malware?

Is it "just" considering files downloaded from the internet to more likely be malware?