Past the upgrade 8.x to 9.x no auto-start in system tray

Using

NOD32 AV does not auto-start after had completed the upgrade from 8.x to 9.x.

Currently the last official 9.x release installed.

Host OS is Vista 32 Bits.

Before the upgrade NOD32 AV auto-started without any problems.

Use could interact with it via the system tray icon.

Now the icon is not there.

Furthermore, if to invoke on-demands scan for some file(-e) or folder(-s)

by file/folder right-click NOD32 AV does not give any signs of life.

All is fine if to start NOD32 AV manually from Start menu, also on-demand scans

work in that case.

Please help.

• ESET Staff

Hi @Using,

Please remember, the important is if the ESET Service is running.

What you refer is just an Icon who is related to the Graphical User Interface.

If your Windows Vista with the latest patchs?

Do you try to uninstall, reboot and install a recent download version 9?

Have you checked to see if Eset's icon is not located in the "hidden icons" area?

Click on the "up" arrow symbol located on the bottom toolbar toward the right edge of the desktop. If its there, just drag it to the lower right toolbar area.

This machine is provided with latest updates.

If it was an issue of hidden system tray icon why the start of on-demand scan does not result in any reaction too,

no sings of on-demands scan start got, see initial post?

As mentioned on-demand scans work if to start nod32 from start menu in prior of this.

If ESET service was not running would this work?

A far as context menu scanning goes, make sure the its setting is enabled as shown in the below screen shot.

Note: screen shown is for ver. 8. You need to use like setting in ver. 9.

post-6784-0-43462800-1463579506_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

I know Vista is end-of-life and this topic quite vantage.

I have migrated to current Windows version, and Vista had been converted to virtual machine (isolated from I-net and got rid of software showing extraordinary frequently security gaps) just for the case user will like to have a short look how some stuff was used, was running, looked like in the days as regular/production job was done on Vista. Problem

I know Vista is end-of-life and this topic quite vantage.

I have migrated to current Windows version, and Vista had been converted to virtual machine (isolated from I-net and got rid of software showing extraordinary frequently security gaps) just for the case user will like to have a short look how some stuff was used, was running, looked like in the days as regular/production job was done on Vista.

Problem described in this thread is not solved. Unfortunately all hints given here miss the problem.

So i like to reword the issue once again.

Usually when someone starts the on-demaind scan some kind of NOD32's graphical feedback comes up on screen. Here in this case such feedback is missing. No feedback received confirming that NOD32 conducts the ordered scan. Additionally NOD32 icon in system tray is not present (from OS start time on), even it is not under hidden system tray icons. If to proceed in following way and sequence the on-demand scan works fine: start the on-demand scan (as always - from file's to be scanned contextual menu) then start ESET gui from Windows Start Menu.

• Administrators

As for the icon missing in the system tray, please create a Procmon boot log as per the instructions linked in my signature. When done, compress the generated logs, upload the archive to a safe location along with ELC logs (zip archive) and pm me download links.