How to reset "Rogue Detection Sensor"

Go to solution Solved by TomTomTom,

Thank you Gonzalo for that hint.

But in this instruction it is described how to delete machines that are managed in ERA (as I understand). My problem is that there are a lot of machines in the Rough Detection Sensor displayed I never had in my monitoring.

How can I delete them out of the RDS?

• ESET Staff

That's one of the "beauty" (if useful for you) of the RDS,

he detect anything connected on your net or nearby net he

can scan.

Including smartphones, tablets, laptops, anything.

Searching I found nothing, except how to block some IP from RDS. https://forum.eset.com/topic/5434-remove-non-computers-from-rogues-list/

Seems to be something to add to next version.

Sorry I can't help you more.

Update: the task works, but takes some time. In my case was clean after I back from lunch. :)

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

Thank you Gonzalo - I hope someone of the ESET stuff will give an answer here.....

Because a blacklist for no more existing hardware is not the right way - I would say

There must be a way to clean the list and let it fill again with actual existing hardware in my network

• ESET Staff

What you should do, is to really run the "Rogue Detection Sensor Database Reset" task.

It will basically force RD sensor to re-discover all of the computers from scratch, meaning that all no-longer existing HW won´t be displayed anymore.

Hi Michal,

can you please explain me how to use the "Rogue Detection Sensor Database Reset" task? If I try to create the task, a destination is to set. What is the destination? I have never used devices in my RDS database, so there is no object to select.

Thank you

TomTomTom

Edited by TomTomTom

• ESET Staff

Destination is the computer, on which the RD sensor is installed.

I will do it ideally by locating the RD sensor in the "Computers" section, using the product filter, and then using the context menu item "New Task".

post-35-0-56918000-1463563296_thumb.png