New report shows antivirus product market share for ESET

MrAnswerMan

New market share report was just recently released via OPSWAT, that include includes an antivirus vendor market share worldwide. Very interesting to check out and see where ESET ranks compared to other AV Vendors, for those interested it's available on their website: hxxp://www.opswat.com/about/media/reports/antivirus-august-2013

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

While it is nice to see ESET mentioned so prominently, it's important to understand the context in which these reports are generated, MrAnswerMan, and I would not get too excited (or, conversely, worried) about them.  As the report itself notes

OPSWAT is not a research institution, and makes no claims on accuracy of this data in the real world marketplace...

As such, I would bucket it more in the "Oh, that's interesting" category than anything else, especially if you look at the records historically, which tend to show very different results each time they are released (quarterly or so).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

P.S.  Please say hi to Benny Czarny for me the next time you see him.

Edited by Aryeh Goretsky
fixed grammar

Also, Opswat is Microsoft's partner ;->

hxxp://www.opswat.com/about/company/awards-recognitions

Tomo

This ^^

While i am very proud of the history of Microsoft and the very intelligent engineers and developers behind their team, Microsoft Security products are lame.

*Replaced intuitive professional etiquette with "lame" :)

Edited by Arakasi

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Lots of software and hardware developers are Microsoft Partners, including ESET.  It is a marketing program that offers various benefits.  For more information, see this membership overview on Microsoft's web site.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky