License expired after changing windows time

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

hi.

i changed windows 7 time to test a program that was coded by my friend and set the time to 2015.and then i changed the time to current time (by syncing to a time server) and the current time is correct.

but my Smart Security says my License has expired.and it never updates.i have restarted my laptop and have even reentered my license and it does not work.i think the license has really expired.and i'm 100% sure that my license shouldn't be really expired now.my license should expire 4 months later, not now.

what should i do??

help please.

post-1541-0-30108600-1377607068_thumb.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

Please pm me your username (probably commencing with "EAV-") so that I can check your license details or contact the distributor from whom you purchased your license.

• ESET Moderators

Hello Mzbcracker,

I think that the easiest solution without complicated troubleshooting would be simple reinstallation.

You could export the settings and re-import them after fresh installation.

• Administrators

Your license is valid until Nov 2013 and I was able to verify it via the built-in function "Verify license validity". It rather sounds like a communication problem with license servers, maybe the communication is blocked by firewall on your end. Try reinstalling ESS and see if that helps.

hi.

i uninstalled the ESS completely and deleted folders related to eset in "program files" , "program data" , "AppData" & etc... and then restarted and installed the latest version of ESS.but it tells me that the password is invalid.i even connected to VPN server from another country (US) to see if it works.but it still tells me that the license is expired and i'm sure there is no communication Problem or etc..

what should i do?

help please.

post-1541-0-77151900-1377641382_thumb.png

hi.i have tried both methods and i'm sure there is no extra space or something like that in username and password while i paste or type it.

this is the username i use :   EAV-59370790

yes.i'm 100% sure.i have not adjusted the time  manually.

i have adjusted the time by "Time servers" and as i see , both time and date are correct. =>    8/29/2013

Guest mzbcracker

hi.i have already uninstalled it.is it necessary to clean cache update or only uninstalling is fine?