Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SagePtr

Protocol filtering breaks websockets after update at 5/05/2016

Recommended Posts

After update at 5/05/2016 many users of my webchat met problem: websockets ceased to work.

 

How to reproduce this bug:

1. Turn Protocol filtering off (at Web and Email section of advanced config)

2. Open hxxp://websocketstest.com/and ensure everything works ok

3. Turn Protocol filtering on again

4. Refresh hxxp://websocketstest.com/and all websocket connections (except SSL) will fail.

 

If I add remote server's IP-address or application to protocol filtering exceptions or turn protocol filtering off - websockets will work again.

 

Please fix this bug because it's weird. In versions before 5/05/2016 everithing worked OK. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no content on that website and the domain seems to be for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to reproduce it and will report it to our engineers along with the appropriate debug logs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have found this to be an issue as well on multiple Windows 10 machines. Sample result from websocketstest: hxxp://websocketstest.com/result/756727

 

Windows 7 is affected too. Tried on clean VirtualBox machine (Windows 7 + Google Chrome + windows updates + trial ESET Smart Security).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We have found this to be an issue as well on multiple Windows 10 machines. Sample result from websocketstest: hxxp://websocketstest.com/result/756727

 

Windows 7 is affected too. Tried on clean VirtualBox machine (Windows 7 + Google Chrome + windows updates + trial ESET Smart Security).

 

 

We just found the issue on Windows 8.1 as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue will be fixed in the Internet protection module 1252 soon. I'd strongly suggest using pre-release update servers on non-critical computers so that if a module update breaks something, you can report it to us and switch to regular updates until a fix is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Websockets are also broken when using NOD32 Antivirus v9 (9.0.375.1).

When disabling protocol filtering (in advanced section - web and email, as suggested above) all seems to work fine.

 

Antivirus v8 (at least 8.0.319.1) does not seem to be affected by this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having the same issue on Windows 10 Nod32 version 9.0.375.0

 

Please post the information about installed modules as this should not be a problem any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...