Protocol filtering breaks websockets after update at 5/05/2016

After update at 5/05/2016 many users of my webchat met problem: websockets ceased to work.

How to reproduce this bug:

1. Turn Protocol filtering off (at Web and Email section of advanced config)

2. Open hxxp://websocketstest.com/and ensure everything works ok

3. Turn Protocol filtering on again

4. Refresh hxxp://websocketstest.com/and all websocket connections (except SSL) will fail.

If I add remote server's IP-address or application to protocol filtering exceptions or turn protocol filtering off - websockets will work again.

Please fix this bug because it's weird. In versions before 5/05/2016 everithing worked OK. Thanks.

• Administrators

I was able to reproduce it and will report it to our engineers along with the appropriate debug logs.

We have found this to be an issue as well on multiple Windows 10 machines. Sample result from websocketstest: hxxp://websocketstest.com/result/756727

Windows 7 is affected too. Tried on clean VirtualBox machine (Windows 7 + Google Chrome + windows updates + trial ESET Smart Security).

We have found this to be an issue as well on multiple Windows 10 machines. Sample result from websocketstest: hxxp://websocketstest.com/result/756727

Windows 7 is affected too. Tried on clean VirtualBox machine (Windows 7 + Google Chrome + windows updates + trial ESET Smart Security).

We just found the issue on Windows 8.1 as well

• Administrators

The issue will be fixed in the Internet protection module 1252 soon. I'd strongly suggest using pre-release update servers on non-critical computers so that if a module update breaks something, you can report it to us and switch to regular updates until a fix is available.

Websockets are also broken when using NOD32 Antivirus v9 (9.0.375.1).

When disabling protocol filtering (in advanced section - web and email, as suggested above) all seems to work fine.

Antivirus v8 (at least 8.0.319.1) does not seem to be affected by this.

• Administrators

I am having the same issue on Windows 10 Nod32 version 9.0.375.0

Please post the information about installed modules as this should not be a problem any more.