Prevent "Temporarily disable protection"

hey guys,

There is some chance to prevent my clients to click on "Temporarily disable protection" ? even if they are local admins ?

The version of ERA is 5.2.22

Thanks alot in advance,

Amir.

hello,

you can use password for protect eset client from temporary disable, uninstall or change configuration.

open console. go to tools - policy manager - double click server policy.

go to protect setup parameter.

post-7794-0-85793800-1461659466_thumb.jpg

Edited by macros

Hey marcos,

Thanks for your comment and answer.

I set a password there,

It seems that it won't prevent to disable eset.

It supposed to apply immediately ?

still nothing changed.

There is an icon of "admin" (blue and yellow) on the bottom, that needed admin's privileges but no password needed,

any ideas ?

Edited by amir1988

• Administrators

Are you prompted for the password when entering advanced setup? I was unable to reproduce the issue as a password was required to enter in order to temporarily disable protection. Try installing the latest version of Endpoint v5 to see if it makes a difference. Also I'd suggest upgrading to the latest version of ERA 5.3.33 (ideally to v6.3 after some testing and getting used to it). The latest version has some known issues in the updater module fixed.

Hey,

No, I'm not prompted for the password when entering advanced setup, it seems that you need only admin's privileges to save changes there, and no password.

Also i updated the console and the server version to the latest, and no change :(

Any other ideas please ?