ESET Endpoint Security | Is the firewall required to be on for File Coder protection?

Previously I was told that ESET Endpoint Security had better file coder protection due to the network scanner technology it has that the standalone AV does not.  I'd rather not use/enable the firewall on my endpoints.  Would the Endpoint Security still provide added network / file coder protection if the "personal firewall" was disabled?  In other words is it more of a code dependency thing?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Yes, the network scanner is a part of the firewall so it must be enabled in order to block exploits. Later this year it will be moved to a separate module and will utilize web protection instead of firewall which means that it will be a part of Endpoint Antivirus, too.

So the file coder protection wouldn't even be active if I had it in learning mode?  Something tells me that's the case.

If so I will have to ask support how to setup automatic mode to automatically treat our LAN as trusted.  If it's on auto and set to trusted for our LAN/domain, it should still scan it for file coder activity, correct?