"Error Downloading the Update"

EricTallan

i believe the update instructions are missing some components....there is nothing at the end of the instructions for how to stop logging and or which log files are needed..nothing at all on what needs to be done with process monitor after opening or what needs to be done with wireshark at the end of the testing...

Hello,

is still somebody facing the issue?

All the logging should be stopped few moments after the issue manifests.

Regards, P.R.

Still having problems on few clients. I was able to walk to one of them, restart and everything works now. I could get memory dump from few clients that have this problem but they are up and running almost few days...to I'm unable to give memory dump from the moment problem started.

Might I just add one comment, some of these clients are able to download updates but they don't report to ERA.

• Administrators

any progress on narrowing down problem and a solution?

The solution for update issues that occur with Endpoint 5.0.2254 and .2260 will be Internet protection module 1256 which will be put on pre-release servers probably next week.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Yes Internet protection module updates are being downloaded alongside Virus signature database updates (in version 5 +)

please find more info about the issues in recently published ESET customer advisory covering these issues.

Regards, P.R.

thanks for the update...hopefully all the updated modules fix all the problems related to this...your advisory only reference 5.0.2254 endpoint...my worse offending pc with these download/memory allocation errors....i upgraded that pc to 5.0.2260...problems still continued...

• ESET Moderators

Hello Slarkins.

there are 2 issues described:

1. premature x64 module update files deletion (fixed in 5.0.2254.0+)

2. issue is related to memory allocation (can be fixed by rebooting the operating system, a permanent fix will also be provided by means of an Internet protection module update (version 1256) soon.)

So in case you have an Endpoint of v. 5.0.2254.0 it should be the second issue.

Hopefully this clarifies it a bit, P.R.

Hello Slarkins.

there are 2 issues described:

1. premature x64 module update files deletion (fixed in 5.0.2254.0+)

2. issue is related to memory allocation (can be fixed by rebooting the operating system, a permanent fix will also be provided by means of an Internet protection module update (version 1256) soon.)

So in case you have an Endpoint of v. 5.0.2254.0 it should be the second issue.

Hopefully this clarifies it a bit, P.R.

Is there a web page where I can follow module, database, product versions, or subscribe to be notified when new versions are released?

We still have this issue. Some machines will receive the latest virus definitions, while the majority will not.  Has this been stated as fixed, or is this still being worked on?  Thanks.

Here is the System Information for my machine.

Information on operating system

Operating system: Windows 7 Professional

Operating system version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Operating system type: 64-bit

Version of common control components: 5.82.7601

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz (2594 MHz)

System memory (RAM): 8056 MB

Computer description:

Time zone name: Central Daylight Time

Time zone offset: -300 min

Information about executive parts

Virus signature database: 13653 (20160615)

Rapid Response module: 8194 (20160615)

Update module: 1064 (20160324)

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1487 (20160602)

Advanced heuristics module: 1170 (20160425)

Archive support module: 1249 (20160425)

Cleaner module: 1120 (20160401)

Anti-Stealth support module: 1098 (20160525)

Personal firewall module: 1289.5 (20160425)

Antispam module: 1029 (20141103)

ESET SysInspector module: 1259 (20160406)

Self-defense support module: 1018 (20100812)

Real-time file system protection module: 1010 (20150806)

Translation support module: 1490 (20160526)

HIPS support module: 1231 (20160606)

Internet protection module: 1226.34 (20160523)

Web content filter module: 1051 (20160412)

Advanced antispam module: 3853 (20160615)

Database module: 1082 (20160601)

Information about installed product

Product version: 5.0.2260.1

Product name: ESET Endpoint Security

Product language: 1033

• ESET Moderators

We still have this content available (via google search and direct URL), but we have removed it as an alert because the prevalence of the issue (via technical support) has decreased significantly. 

Issues downloading updates in previous versions of ESET Endpoint products (5.x)

You should probably contact your local ESET partner for support to troubleshoot. 

We still have this content available (via google search and direct URL), but we have removed it as an alert because the prevalence of the issue (via technical support) has decreased significantly. 

You should probably contact your local ESET partner for support to troubleshoot. 

Maybe because people don't have time to troubleshot your products?

I still have problem on 5.0.2260 and 5.0.2254 EES and EAV products.

I am waiting for your Internet Protection Module 1256 to see if problem persists.

Maybe support requests have dropped after you published the fixes for the problem....maybe if you would actually release the updated modules ....they would drop to nothing...curious as to what your definition of "soon" is...been almost 2 weeks waiting for the updated modules...

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

@Maxx2777 in case you have Endpoint 5 version lower than 5.0.2254 please upgrade it so you won't suffer from the first mentioned issue with updating i.e. premature x64 .nup update file deletion.

Those, who have only 5.0.2254+ deployments, are you able to estimate how much time after a system restart does it approximately takes until the issue starts to manifest again?

Regards, P.R.

If I were to reboot a machine with .2260 installed, and then manually tried to update the defs, it would fail.  I will reboot a failing machine and report the time required for it to check in and fail.  

It looks like every 2 hours our failing machines are retrying the update and failing, but like I said, if checked manually after a reboot, it fails immediately.

The solution for me via Support, was to 1)stop ERA Server via ERA Maintenance Tool  2)delete Updfiles and Mirror folders in C\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server  3)start ERA Server  4)open ERA Console>Tools>Server options>Updates>select the Clear Update Cache check box>click Update Now

• Administrators

The solution for me via Support, was to 1)stop ERA Server via ERA Maintenance Tool  2)delete Updfiles and Mirror folders in C\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server  3)start ERA Server  4)open ERA Console>Tools>Server options>Updates>select the Clear Update Cache check box>click Update Now

Please make sure that you have the latest version of ERA 5.3.33 installed which has a couple of bugs in the updater fixed.