Jump to content

Agents not connecting to remote administrator, no errors


Markovskij
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Markovskij,

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I tried for a few days and cannot solve this problem. Some of the new computers with Windows 10 don't connect to Remote Administrator, they're shown as unmanaged, in the details section no information is provided. I installed agents through Remote administrator.

Tried multiple solutions i found on the forum, like enable multithreading, increase db wait lock timeout, restarting server, nothing helped.

Looks like the problem could start after server upgrade to newer version, but i'm not sure. We are changing some old computers with new ones. They are installed using Windows Sysprep.

 

I am getting one error on the server, but i don't think its relevant, because this computer is showing in the Remote Administrator (2016-04-21 07:13:33 Warning: CDataMinersModule [Thread 7f7b77fff700]: CRemoteWriteLogHandler: Failed to write log of type DYNAMICGROUPS_CONTENT_STATUS from 'some_computer.domain' with uuid 89a7bf7f-0c4e-4fdb-9c61-0b6fbca23b14 with error: Duplicate value for 89a7bf7f-0c4e-4fdb-9c61-0b6fbca23b14 with meta (146122674200138,146122674200100), possibly cloned or reverted machine)

 

Server version

Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.3.148.0
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.3.114.0

Agent version 6.3.136.0

 

An example log from one computer:

 

Last Error was 10 days ago

CReplicationModule 2016-Apr-11 09:50:29 CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "eset_server.domain" port: 2222' failed with: Unable to resolve any endpoints.resolve: (0x2afc), The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

 

Status.html

Last successful replication 2016-Apr-21 06:52:04 OK

  • Successful replications: 23
  • All replication attempts: 23

 

Server trace.log has no errors.

 

Agents are running on those computers. But show as unmanaged in the Remote administrator, like they're not connecting. As there are no errors i don't know where to look for the problem.

Edited by Markovskij
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Seems this is known issue - in case restarting SERVER service help, please follow my previous post. Fixed version of module is available for ERA 6.3.12 for Linux x64.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw that thread, but i thought that this was only applicable to ERA 6.3.12, because my version is 6.3.148. I updated the files, restarted server and will wait some time, because i don't know how to force agents to connect to server.

 

It looks like it didn't help, same clients are still unmanaged.

Edited by Markovskij
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

I saw that thread, but i thought that this was only applicable to ERA 6.3.12, because my version is 6.3.148. I updated the files, restarted server and will wait some time, because i don't know how to force agents to connect to server.

 

I know it is confusing, but 6.3.12 represents whole package of components released this year. Each component has it's own version and 6.3.148.0 is one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few minutes ago i installed 4 agents with "bat" file into 4 computers, 3 computers appeared and are managed ok, 1 is unmanaged. I just don't understand, no errors, status is ok. How to debug this?

I'm out of ideas, tried deleting and adding users to ERA, tried AD sinchronization, restarting server multiple times, logs show no errors, don't know where to look.

 

EDIT: Tried to reinstall the agent with bat file on one pc, and it appeared in ERA as managed. At last, some progress. Will try to reinstall more agents.
Maybe it's the sysprep fault, because the computers are cloned...

Edited by Markovskij
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Solved:

At last we found the reason. New computers had older Agent version (6.2.190.0), that's why reinstall of Agent helped, because i reinstalled new version.

Also one computer had Eset Antivirus v5 installed and Agent listened to port 2225 (this was mentioned in another thread), removing the Antivirus and installing Agent solved the problem also.

 

Suggestion: Eset could improve error reporting to report mismatching Agent and Server versions. Because it was a pain to find the reason :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...