Eset Internet Security and Eset Nod32 Antivirus 10 Beta is available

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

in case you are not able to upgrade to the new version (it notifies you, but nothings happen after clicking on the upgrade button) please

1. take Procdump from ekrn right after the issue manifests (download Procdump tool from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspxrun cmd as an administrator and run procdump -ma ekrn)

2. collect logs by means of ESET log collector as described here: hxxp://support.eset.sk/kb3466/?viewlocale=en_US

Pack these two logs, upload them to a safe location and send me a download link with reference to this forum topic, we will check it.

Thank you, P.R.

Hello,

in case you are not able to upgrade to the new version (it notifies you, but nothings happen after clicking on the upgrade button) please

1. take Procdump from ekrn right after the issue manifests (download Procdump tool from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspxrun cmd as an administrator and run procdump -ma ekrn)

2. collect logs by means of ESET log collector as described here: hxxp://support.eset.sk/kb3466/?viewlocale=en_US

Pack these two logs, upload them to a safe location and send me a download link with reference to this forum topic, we will check it.

Thank you, P.R.

Says access denied when I try to do step 1:

post-1272-0-29081100-1465575532_thumb.png

Edited by Phoenix

• ESET Insiders

The solution for this... Launch the GUI as admin, and the update will run fine. I figured it was a permission issue.

The solution for this... Launch the GUI as admin, and the update will run fine. I figured it was a permission issue.

Wow!! who would've thought!! So simple!! thank you so much chief! Not even the ESET support knew that when they just emailed me telling me they have forwarded the issue to the developer :)

you are a genius

so here is the final solution to install the latest update thanks to xxJackxx:

1- While NOD32 is running, go to the start menu > ESET, then right click on ESET NOD32 Antivirus icon and choose run as admin.

2- This will re-launch the GUI in Admin Mode with full privileges

3- Now run the update again and you will immediately notice it is actually downloading the files then will proceed with the installation.

4- Reboot when prompted to do so to complete the installation

Note: If you want to save the installer for future use, it is located in: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Installer and is named: NUPEFEF.msi

this way you can install the latest version in the future right away

• 2 weeks later...

TomasP Post 18 May: When can we expect new Information? I think many users are very interested.

@TomasP: No answer? And no Information?

Edited by Werderforever

• ESET Moderators

When can we expect new Information? I think many users are very interested.

In the following weeks, there should be a newer build available, containing all the recent bugfixes, being another step closer to the final release.

As for when that happens, you have to wait and see, for the time being :)

@TomasP: My question has nothing to do with bugfixes. But I´m very interested to know, which products you will have mit V10. Is smart Security now Internet Security or do you establish a third product?

When can we expect new Information? I think many users are very interested.

In the following weeks, there should be a newer build available, containing all the recent bugfixes, being another step closer to the final release.

As for when that happens, you have to wait and see, for the time being :)

Tomas when the final release comes out I assume it will be fully compatible with the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Release?

Edited by DinGo

• Most Valued Members

Eset Internet Security updated to v10.0.171.0 this morning.  No issues or problems so far.

Hello,

Thank you, P.R.

attachicon.gifProc.png

disable hips

restart

try again

and dont forget to enable hips after that

Hello,

Thank you, P.R.

attachicon.gifProc.png

disable hips

restart

try again

and dont forget to enable hips after that

I already stated that the problem is solved long ago and now we're already on a new build.  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please tell if EIS will be higher than ESS? And if so, will it be free upgrade from EIS to ESS? When can we expect a stable release?

• ESET Moderators

Hello Seth,

"Can someone please tell if EIS will be higher than ESS?" - no it won't be.

The release date is not publicly available yet and may depend on a particular country as it was with the previous releases.

Regards, P.R.

ESSP looks very interesting. When is it planned to release ESSP or any beta?

Edited by Seth

• Most Valued Members

Not keen on the multiple versions. I've seen a lot worse but having 2 versions the Antivirus and the extra higher one just makes it much easier. Too many AV's have multiple versions for choice but it ends up hurting the end user because they don't know what to pick e.g. avg I've seen has protection, protection pro, internet security etc.

Will you add support for the Edge browser for the password manager when the Win10 Anniversary get out next month?

Supported browsers

Password Manager supports the following browsers:

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Chromium

Opera

Seamonkey

Yandex

Comodo Dragon

Pale Moon

Password Manager also supports many popular applications such as Skype.