Timed policy application

How can I get event driven policy to be re-applied.

Ex.  We're a development house, so my developers need to be able to disable their AV at times.   But some of them forget to turn it back on.  

So how do I configure policy so that specific setting re-enable on a timer or based on an event??? (like logoff) 

• ESET Staff

Hello,

As of now, you can´t configure product in a way, that it will automatically re-enable some feature after being inactive for some time. 

We are tracking an improvement, to allow remotely switching on / off of the protection features (from ESET Remote Administrator).

This is a big issue for us.   Please implement a trigger that allows policies to be applied or re-applied based on a scheduled time, or reoccuring time (ever x hours).    My supervisor has been asking if we should migrate to kaspersky later this year, due to the obstacles seen in ESET 6.    Please convince us that we should stay with ESET.     

Switching on a feature is 2 levels below what I need, and IF you are using the policy feature is a lazy way of doing what you should without using policy control.

Ex.   If a feature is off, you should be able to just click apply policy and that feature should be changed back to the way you want.   Since you can layer policies you can make one that turns just X feature on, similar to what you suggested. 

In the meantime, Please give us the ability to re-apply a policy manually.    Right now I have users in a group and see no way to re-apply the policy other then to remove them from that group, wait and move them back into that group.

This above is a ugly cumbersome workaround.

Unfortunately if this doesn't get resolved in the next 6 months,  I'm afraid your going to lose us as a client.    We have 200+ licenses presently.

Best Regards,

Mackintire

Edited by mackintire

wee need this too for user have notebook. when they in office network (work hous) policy for web control and device control apply.

but when they go home they can access all website and device.

wee need this too for user have notebook. when they in office network (work hous) policy for web control and device control apply.

but when they go home they can access all website and device.

This is something we are also evaluating since we are growing in number of clients that move notebooks from company to home to partner company etc...