ESET Endpoint Security - Unsuccessful change of the application configuration

PetrP
Go to solution Solved by PetrP,

Hi,

I have noticed the above notification with yellow triangle beside in Window's history and reliability.

The description is:

Windows Installer carried out a reconfiguration of the product. Product Name: ESET Endpoint Security. Product version: 6.3.2016.1. Product Language: 1029. Manufacturer: ESET. Reconfiguration status (success or failure) 1603.

This notification appears almost every day. Apart this notice I don't see any apparent issues with ESET. Btw, having a Win 10 Pro 64bit fully patched machine.

Any advice?

Thanks & regards!

• Administrators

Couldn't it be that you have a policy with a security product install task assigned which is applied on clients in the specific dynamic group regardless of whether ESET Endpoint is already installed?

Couldn't it be that you have a policy with a security product install task assigned which is applied on clients in the specific dynamic group regardless of whether ESET Endpoint is already installed?

Our IT admin says that this is not the case. We have many Win 7 and Win 8.1 machines but only one with Win 10 (mine) and this issue has been observed only on my Win 10 machine. For your information, we have opened support ticket and have sent the output from ESET Log Collector to ESET support. Waiting for information.

Edited by PetrP

Have received a reply that some of installed applications on my system should be removed to let ESET work properly. Small but important detail - my ESET works properly. I'm not so satisfied with support's stance.

• Administrators

Was Windows 10 installed from the very beginning or you've upgraded from Windows 7 or 8? If the latter, was ESET installed during the upgrade? Have you tried uninstalling Endpoint v6.3 and installing it from scratch?

Upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 in July 2015 and ESET wasn't installed at the time. ESET was installed two weeks ago. We tried reinstall of Endpoint solution but perhaps not the agent, I'm not sure.

• 4 months later...