Google music wont connect

When I try to connect google play music/music manager app it opens the browser (chrome) and logs in, but the app itself shows "couldn't connect" cant establish a secure connection" with the option to try again.

About displays version 1.314.1, NaCl version ...

If I halt virus (now firewall) it works

• Administrators

If temporarily disabling protocol filtering does not make any difference and disabling the firewall does, check the Firewall troubleshooting wizard for a list of recently blocked communications and unblock the appropriate one.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Does temporarily disabling web or real-time protection, one at a time, make a difference? Please do not disable all modules at once as we need to narrow it down to the particular protection module.

• 3 weeks later...

Does temporarily disabling web or real-time protection, one at a time, make a difference? Please do not disable all modules at once as we need to narrow it down to the particular protection module.

Neither makes a difference. It won't allow Google Music to sync music to the cloud whether you use the website itself, or the utility that can be installed on your PC. I tried disabling web protection, and real time, and both at once. None of these made a difference, it still can't connect or sync. Thanks for trying to help! Sorry, didn't see that you replied until just now!

Edit: Just to confirm it was related to ESET Smart Security, I did try uninstalling ESET. Google Music then worked fine. Reinstalled, and it was back to issues. It also causes issues with Google Photos. It will always hang and give an error with "2 photos left" to upload, but always completes when ESET is uninstalled. This is less bothersome however as if you go to the site itself, photos work fine where music does not. For photos ESET only seems to interfere with the utility.

Edited by Symphony0fLife

Seem to have solved it. I uninstalled both ESET and Google Music. I installed ESET again, and set the firewall to interactive mode. Then installed Google Music, and it popped up asking me to create a rule. Set it and saved it, Google Music now works properly alongside ESET Smart Security. Put the firewall back to automatic and it's still working. So far.

It seems for some reason by default ESET Smart Security blocks Google services like Music Manager. Which is pretty silly, but doing this did help!

Edited by Symphony0fLife

• 1 year later...

as of today, I still experience the issue with google play music.

And the only way I can temporary get google play music to work is complete uninstall EIS v11.

The issue isn't for play back, but it's when you try to upload mp3 or when trying to use the miniplayer from the google music extension.

both will result "can't establish a secure connection" and fail to process.

I tried to use interactive mode. It will work for a bit. Once I complete exit chrome, it will fail to establish secure connection again.

Neither disable antivirus / firewall works.    

I also check the firewall troubleshooting wizard, nothing is blocked / related to the chrome / google play music extension.

Edited by Andy
add notes for checking firewall troubleshoot wizard