Help needed with Anti-theft optimization problem

I've had eset smart security enabled on my Windows 10 laptop for some time but only tonight activated the anti-theft option. Eset now gives me an Anti-theft Optimization Warning. When I click on the link to see the optimization report I'm directed to the anti-theft.eset.com website. I'm prompted to sign in to my account and then see my laptop listed with four stars out of five, and a message that the device is not fully optimized. When I click on the "optimize this device" link I get a page that shows my machine, then a horizontal separator line, but no other information or links below the line. (Picture inserted below with computer name obscured.)

When I see similar screens on the website there are options for "status" "activity" "optimization" etc. below the separator line, but I see nothing at all and so I can't identify or fix the optimization problem. I can't figure out what is my next stop to resolve the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

post-11844-0-89506500-1460170681_thumb.png

• ESET Staff

Hi,

your issue is "Phantom account not created", but because of broken page, you cannot create it...

We'll investigating this issue and let you know.

regards,

peter

• Administrators

I am having the exact same problem as the original poster.  Can anyone help me please?

What issue are you having? It must be something different as the OP's issue was caused by a problem with the my.eset.com portal which was already fixed then.

Hi Marcos. metallar worked it out for me via private messaging. The issue was my laptop name had an apostrophe in it. He removed the apostrophe and all is well now. Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

H maxtar,

send me a pm with your email address registered within my.eset.com and device name.

thx

regards

peter

• 11 months later...
On 2016/04/11 at 11:51 PM, Marcos said:

Please drop me a pm with your registration email address to the my.eset.com portal included.

Hi, I also have a problem with my Anti theft Optimization. How can I go about fixing it?